News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge #19- Flips for Fun

Started by jafish41, 02 December, 2012, 20:27:28

Previous topic - Next topic

jafish41

Really? I thought it was fairly easy... I got the trick ladder and video together the same day I beat David's

KendAlex

i was waiting on ladder, but now i know what the tricks are :o :o :o
, i think i skipp this one for sure and practice my consistency of the 4Th and the 5Th DAN ladder again.
Good luck every one.
PS. i still need to stess out from the DK Pro ladder as well  ;)

Thorny

As if it was so universally blocked around the globe haha. Can view it now, hefty ladder, probably do-able after a little practise of one or two of the tricks. Might give it a go in a couple of days if the contest is still open

SamB

OK I think I translated it into BKA terms, Let me know if I got anything wrong. You didn't really specify many cup catches or names so I'm guessing big cups and small cups and the BKA term is "whirlwind" not kenflip[nb]As far as I know it is translated from the JKA term and is needed to differentiate between whirlwinds (ken flip with the hand), jumping sticks (ken flip with the spike in the tama hole), lighthouse somersaults (ken flip from the lighthouse) etc. that could all be described as a ken flip[/nb]:

#1   Big cup  -> Whirlwind (WW) -> Big cup -> Reverse WW -> Big cup
#2   Spacewalk -> Handroll to ken grip -> WW -> swing to Big cup
#3   Pinwheel[nb]I don't see that one very often but I think thats what it's called (after the yoyo trick?)[/nb] -> WW -> Big cup
#4   Big cup -> WW -> Big cup-> Base cup -> WW -> Base cup -> Small cup -> WW ->  Small cup [nb]I'd go with "whirlwind the cups". "Whirlwid the world" Sounds like a good trick though that could be: Big -> WW -> Big -> small -> WW -> small -> base -> WW ->base -> spike -> WW -> spike"[/nb]
#5   Small cup string pull[nb]Small cup stopover? Hanging triangle small cup? Tension small cup? Not sure about this one.[/nb] -> Whirlwind -> Small cup string pull
#6   Aeroplane -> Jumping stick (fast throw) base cup -> WW -> Base cup
#7   Base cup -> WW -> Base cup -> Double WW -> Base cup
#8   Horizontal, loaded ken, ken grip start -> horizontal WW -> Base cup -> Centrifuge -> small cup
#9   Big cup -> Double reverse WW -> Big cup
#10   Pull up WW spike

5, 8 and 9 may take some figuring out but it seems doable. If they were all to spike then it would be really very difficult.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

BKA

Quote from: SamB on 17 December, 2012, 15:16:24
OK I think I translated it into BKA terms, Let me know if I got anything wrong. You didn't really specify many cup catches or names so I'm guessing big cups and small cups and the BKA term is "whirlwind" not kenflip[nb]As far as I know it is translated from the JKA term and is needed to differentiate between whirlwinds (ken flip with the hand), jumping sticks (ken flip with the spike in the tama hole), lighthouse somersaults (ken flip from the lighthouse) etc. that could all be described as a ken flip[/nb]:

#1   Big cup  -> Whirlwind (WW) -> Big cup -> Reverse WW -> Big cup
#2   Spacewalk -> Handroll to ken grip -> WW -> swing to Big cup
If you look carefully, there's a Pinwheel [or is it a Loop?] between the Spacewalk and the Handroll
#3   Pinwheel[nb]I don't see that one very often but I think thats what it's called (after the yoyo trick?)[/nb] -> WW -> Big cup
#4   Big cup -> WW -> Big cup-> Base cup -> WW -> Base cup -> Small cup -> WW ->  Small cup [nb]I'd go with "whirlwind the cups". "Whirlwid the world" Sounds like a good trick though that could be: Big -> WW -> Big -> small -> WW -> small -> base -> WW ->base -> spike -> WW -> spike"[/nb]
#5   Small cup string pull[nb]Small cup stopover? Hanging triangle small cup? Tension small cup? Not sure about this one.[/nb] -> Whirlwind -> Small cup string pull
We've seen the term "String Pull" used quite a few times before, so we'd go with that, since it's a slightly different trick to the alternatives you mention. Perhaps "String Pull Small Cup" reads better than the other way around though?
#6   Aeroplane -> Jumping stick (fast throw) base cup -> WW -> Base cup
#7   Base cup -> WW -> Base cup -> Double WW -> Base cup
#8   Horizontal, loaded ken, ken grip start -> horizontal WW -> Base cup -> Centrifuge -> small cup
#9   Big cup -> Double reverse WW -> Big cup
#10  Pull up WW spike

5, 8 and 9 may take some figuring out but it seems doable. If they were all to spike then it would be really very difficult.
Other than those minor points, Sam speaks BKA sooth! Thanks Sam.

SamB

Quote from: BKA on 17 December, 2012, 15:48:40
If you look carefully, there's a Pinwheel [or is it a Loop?] between the Spacewalk and the Handroll
I think it's rather than go straight for the handroll from the spacewalk, it's like catch the ball, swing ken from 4 o'clock to 12 o'clock then handroll i.e. the slightly easier handroll start. I could be wrong though.
QuoteOther than those minor points, Sam speaks BKA sooth! Thanks Sam
Yes! +1 Pedantry!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

jafish41

I am extremely sorry for the confusion everybody. I thought I had the correct trick names saved as a Word Doc. But I was wrong and since I caused everyone so much sleep and time I just typed them up real quick. You go straight to the handroll from the spacewalk but The new video should work. If you all could just do the tricks the same in the video that would be great!

BKA

jafish41

I have heard from many people it is the Little Cup string pull flip that messes them up haha

BKA

Our fears proved correct, and after 30 days KCC19 has proven too hard for anyone to crack, and is now officially closed. Of course it remains open merely for a personal challenge and bragging rights, but the prize is no longer on offer.

Thanks Jake for setting it, but it seems it was just a whirlwind too far!

BKA will return after a short break with KCC20.

jafish41

Sorry guys.... Was really trying to get rid of this shirt...

SamB

I did give this a go. and got quite good at most but 8 and 9 were just impossible to get consistent, I think I landed them once. It was a fun ladder just a little bit too hard!

bonzatron

BKA