News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Premium White Ozora - Sticky Paint

Started by Coach_Styles, 12 September, 2013, 19:41:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach_Styles

I just saw on the Gloken website that they are selling "Premium White Ozora -Sticky Paint". Anyone have any back story on these? I'm just trying to figure out if I should buy one or not haha.

PikWik

i saw em too, but their sold out  :'(
i want to say they are not 'official' altho i could be wrong.

tbh, i like that kawasaki custom on the gloken site

BrandonYoder

They are official, and they are Competition approved by the JKA.

Ozora recently made 50 sticky white ozoras with the "recommended" seal not the "Approved" seal (meaning not usable for jka comp) specifically for the Hyper Japan event a while back. Those ones were a "limited run" and the paint was very tacky(too tacky if you ask me)
I am assuming they made them as a test run, to see how people liked the tacky paint.

The ones that ozora is now selling, are the official release.
These ones are "Approved"(competition safe)

BrandonYoder

Also, like i said...the "limited run" white ozora was too tacky by my standards.
But i am told that the new tacky ones are not quite as tacky.(I have not played with the new)
If so, They should play perfect!

emagdnim

KendAlex

they are good, i have the limited recommended one, and it is not to tacky for me, for me it is just perfect,

Coach_Styles

Any idea what the difference is between the recommended and competition seal with these Kendamas? The one I bought this morning has the competition seal while Kendalex just got 3 with the recommended seal.

EDIT: This was already answered haha. My bad. Please ignore this.

PikWik

i am definitely interested. thanks for the link!

BrandonYoder

[user]kendalex[/user] do you know if the paint on them is the exact same as the Approved version?
the Recommended one seemed a little to tacky for me, but i may be a little harsh on my judgment.

dont take my word for it people, get one and try it for yourself.
Everyone has a preference.

happygoat

I just saw that they are now in stock again on the Gloken website...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

HansNickmans

Is the white going to be part of the new 2013 colours range (like black, pink)? Since it's in a different package (and price) it looks like it's something different.

Anyways, I vowed to myself that I would buy a white oozora if it ever came out. So mine is ordered and underway.

Goodsfromjapan doesn't mention the 'sticky white'. Don't think that they're different from the GLOKEN ones though...

Kendama Belgium!

Coach_Styles

As soon as someone has a chance to play with one of the 2013 competition white Ozo's, they should totally review it for us kind folk on this forum haha.

BrandonYoder

Alex Ruisch, said that they play perfect.
tacky but not too tacky.
I may have to grab one.

AlexSmith

KendamaUSA shop has them in stock now!

Haven't gotten my hands on one yet, that'll change Friday though by the sounds of it! I've heard good things.