News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Premium White Ozora - Sticky Paint

Started by Coach_Styles, 12 September, 2013, 19:41:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach_Styles

Mine just arrived this afternoon! First impression: blown away.

Seriously, out of the box this thing is a lunar machine. That being said, it's definitely not too sticky. I've personally never played with a mugen but I've heard this tama has a similar feel.

This is hands down the nicest ozora I've ever played with and probably my second favorite kendama ever. Pick one up while you still can!

BrandonYoder

-_-
Im gonna have to eat my words and get one again.
I had the recommended seal one on my possession before i had to give it to someone else and i didn't want to dent it because it wasn't technically mine. so i was only able to place it in lighthouse. I thought it felt too tacky off my first judgment. But i am hearing nothing but good reviews.

Therefor my "to tacky comment" can and probably should just be ignored.

Kendama+cliniK

I want one, and I want one now! Haha they sound fresh.
Kendama+cliniK

HansNickmans

I've only had time to do a couple of clicks but first impressions:
Straight out of the package it just looks great! The string hole is not really that centered, although it doesn't affect play. The stickyness is not that noticeable. I was expecting a sticky tama or a rough one like some KROM's or like my Sweets Frost. But it has a very similar feel to my yellow oozora, like the stickyness is an interplay between the paint and the roughness of the ken.

I am not that good at lunars and have been able to land some with it. It still needs a good amount of practice, similar to my other kendamas, so I would compare it to the yellow oozoras. If they had done something special or extra with the paint, I doubt that the JKA would allow it to have a competition seal.

Once I had (a lot) more clicks, I will try and write up a full review.

[plus, a shoutout to goodsfromjapan, which has a good service, (relatively) low shipping costs and very fast delivery time. I'm planning on ordering there more in the future. ]
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Quote from: HansNickmans on 09 October, 2013, 14:33:44The string hole is not really that centered, although it doesn't affect play.
Sounds awful.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!