News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Cliffs consistency/skill upgrade topic. feel free to join

Started by Cliffdama, 18 August, 2014, 17:25:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliffdama

hi everyone,

so as the topic says this topic is all about upgrading my skill level in kendama. i'm playing the kendama now for about 1,5 years and since then there wasn't a day that i didn't play kendama. i got the basics down but stil not feeling very consistent with the tricks and thats why i create this topic.

my idea is to try and do a consistency ladder every week (or more than one if i land the ladders fast). i want to do a 5 trick ladder starting a high beginner level. to make it more challenging i don't want to make the ladders myself and asking you guys to make a ladder for me once i need a new one. every time i get a new ladder i want to try land/film/upload it within a week and ask for a new one. feel free to join my ladders and go on the endless journey of kendama with me.

the ladders.
the trick ladders can be all different things. i post some examples for you to know what you can give me.

example 1:
the first example is a combo ladder. this way you don't have to get to start position after every trick, and makes it a five trick combo.

swing lighthouse
1 turn lighthouse
tradespike
earthturn
base cup

example 2:
this time it's a ladder like dan grading. reset after every trick.

big bird
small bird
lighthouse
penguin base
spike.

------------------

so now you know what to do i'm asking you guys to get me a high beginner 5 trick ladder. the first ladder is the one i'm going to do. once landed and uploaded. i will ask a new one. if you think the ladder is fun feel free to join. record the ladder and upload it.

i got my cam ready so let's go! and thanks already for the support!

SamB

I have one that helped me and is from Tamotsu Kubota classic

spacewalk
spacewalk
spacewalk
spacewalk
spacewalk

All aeroplane finishes, nice and clean and steady, one after the other.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Cliffdama

Wow thats not what i excpected. But... I asked for it. And my record is 4in a row. Thanks for the ladder! If this is high beginner than this is where i am right now! Major challange but i will do it :D

SamB

Heh, sorry I didn't see your skill level, but you did ask for it!
Its never too soon to perfect the spacewalk.
Focus on getting the tama grip catch perfect and don't go too fast.
I'm working on this too and mooncircles done the same way.

Good luck!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Cliffdama

So i installed my go pro abd allready deleted all the files 2times this morning! Battery died on me 1time. And got to 3in a row. I feel like i can do better, and hope to make it happen today.  My trows are getting better allready but i suck at the spike. Any tips?

Edit: got to 4 now for 2 times! So close not yet but getting there!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

so it took me a while but here it is! ty @SamB for the ladder and @void for the motivation.

Ladder 1:
Spacewalk
Spacewalk
Spacewalk
Spacewalk
Spacewalk

next time i try to be a bit more creative with location etc. it was the first time i really edit a video. watch out for sound next time!

So whats next. high beginner again. thanks already.

The Void

A connected (combo) one for you:

Aeroplane
Jumping Stick
Fast Hand Base Cup
Whirlwind (Back to Base Cup again)
Stab
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

Cool i like these kind of combos. Just got my gopro headband in the mail so trying to get this combo smooth in pov! Ty void!

SamB

Dimensions

I like this idea of mini consistency challenges, I also like the idea of how anyone can have a go at these. So let's encourage everyone to have a go at these! and not just Cliff

Ok here's mine, all unconnected, all to improve your lighthouses

Falling down
1-turn lighthouse (aka swing to lighthouse)
2-turn lighthouse
Lighthouse somersault
Whirlpool lighthouse

I'm not too sure if this is pushing it but there you go!

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Cliffdama

@SamB thanks. Took me a while but thise really got my spacewalk level up fro where i was!

@dimension. Thanks and also feel free to record some yourself would be nice to see how others do it(also for me to copy/learn some new technique ;).

And is the 2turn also swing in or from the one turn lh into the 2 turn? And can you tell me how the the other two work?

@void . Got yours allready but looking for some time to upload :)

shalafi

One I wanted to do for a while, but never got properly (combo style)

* Tap in (tama grip, pull up straigh, tap, half turn in)
* Build the lighthouse
(Optional) * Lighthouse sommersault
* Falling down
* Fast hand base cup
* Stab.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Cliffdama

@shalafi ty. And cool combo i'm going for dimenseions first and this one after i think. Don't know the lighthouse whirlpool yet som waiting for that one :D