News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

donald grant

Yep, liked those, milky o, they make for a  very stylish variation. And yes, had to watch the video twice, just to make sure :)
The last day or two I've finally cracked the timing for infinity slinger suicide to infinity slinger. The single finger throw and catch looks sweet, and I managed three in a row to swing in last night :)

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Slobbing in the hotel again: secret grip spike to reverse body, tornado to lighthouse, in :)

The Void

Last night I had another run through of the IKO list. Better.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 26 January, 2016, 11:59:36
Last night I had another run through of the IKO list. Better.
Nice! Looking forward to get your feedback on the selection. Also, feel free to feed any of those into the BKO :)

Started re-practicing the Dan tricks. This year I should finally get the 2nd Dan.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Quote from: donald grant on 24 January, 2016, 12:48:25
The last day or two I've finally cracked the timing for infinity slinger suicide to infinity slinger. The single finger throw and catch looks sweet, and I managed three in a row to swing in last night :)

Donald, sounds like you're killing it, sir! Fair play!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Today it took me as long to get 1 of the IKO tricks as the other 11 combined. I'm not saying which one. :P Feedback on the list, shalafi? I think it's fine for your competition.
Quote from: donald grant on 26 January, 2016, 05:35:46Slobbing in the hotel again: secret grip spike to reverse body, tornado to lighthouse, in :)
If you're doing what I think you're describing there.... that's nuts. It's probably nuts anyway!

The Void

Today I decided the list for the Advanced division for BKO. (Not announced yet.)

the milky oolong

Today I took a good look at @Mirek 's website, even read a few articles by Mr Jumpshoe et al, fantastic site with great photos, videos, and written stuff on all things kendama! For those of you who have also been living on the moon since 2009, here's the link: http://kendama.cz/
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

LarsVegas

got a nice letter with new certificates, stickers and ... a paper kendama. Thank you so much BKA!
I don't know whether it goes the same way my "Cut out Unseen University" goes - Too beautiful to be cut and used. You should always have two of them :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

donald grant

Cheers, guys. Hong Kong is lovely, but it's the worst winter in sixty years, so on the days with only one evening show, we seem to be spending a lot of dead time in the hotel. If it carries on like this, I'll be full on ready for the bko :)
Today's sneaky little one: triple swirl to one turn aero to floater typhoon...

donald grant

Was having a bash at the BKO tricklist,  especially the more unusual ones. Somehow I managed to get penguin slip on stick, penguin earth turn, penguin earth turn to spike.
Also backstage yesterday I got a few double swirl to fast throw spikes while waiting for the finale :)

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 01 February, 2016, 07:24:12
Was having a bash at the BKO tricklist,  especially the more unusual ones. Somehow I managed to get penguin slip on stick, penguin earth turn, penguin earth turn to spike.
Is that one combo, or three? Nice.

donald grant

All in one combo; didn't quite believe it myself!

The Void