News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Tortoises

Started by The Void, 07 November, 2012, 14:08:32

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I got some new pets today. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Beautiful!

Are these still being made? Or are they a collector's item they got a great stock of? It isn't mentioned in the history of the competition kendamas.

Kendama Belgium!

SamB

Me too!

I have the keyaki tortoise 16-type[nb]and that is Kameko, one of my 2 year old spur-thighed tortoises, alongside it[/nb]. I was thinking of doing a little review later once I've had chance to play with it.

They are selling them on gloken.net and it is implied that they're making them (at least the tortoise ones) and that they are stopping production of the keyaki ones soon. I'm not sure what the story is with the S-type ones they're selling is.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

AlexSmith

S-Types are from the 60's-70's and are thus out of production, the tortoises are being produced.
At least thats my understanding. The GLOKEN website is a great resource though, its probably explained in full detail somewhere on there...

Thorny

I want a few of the Tortoise kens loads! They're so pretty haha

HansNickmans

Is it possible to restring them to play left-handed? I guess the screw would give problems?
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

The string does not come out through a hole, but between the cross-piece and the ken shaft (at the base of the spike). So, Yes, I'm sure you could leftify one without too much grief, but you would have to be careful of the screw, or else move the screw to the other side.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

WTP

Are the type 8's worth it? I have aaaalways wanted to play a tiny dama.

The Void

Until last week I would probably have said no. But over the weekend we had a great laugh playing with the T8s.
KendAlex: "Hey, UFO!"
Everyone: [laughs in amazement and surprise]"No way!!" etc.
Some small kendamas are not very playable, but the T8 is. Balance tricks are damn hard, and Birds don't quite sit right, so they're very tricky too, but pretty much all other stuff is do-able. With patience!
So yeah, go for it.

KendAlex

sitting on the airport we waited for the flight back to Amsterdam, and after some big cup scoops from Void and some one turn aeroplane tricks by us, i decided to do one more trick
and i was sitting across Void, and said, he lets do one last trick and nailded a UFO first try haha.
that was pretty sick.

here a mini funny kitchen edit i made with the T-8 before our trip

PS All the players in Denmark pretty much like the T-8 minin kendama,
i know it is much fun and deff needed in everyone his collection

WTP

Thanks, guys! It looks really fun, and Kendalex, I'll be honest I watched that edit so many times! Insane tricks, and I love how surprised you looked landing those tricks. I definitely think I'll be adding one to my collection asap.

RodDama

haha! too good.. killing it as  always alex... i need one of these...
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

AlexSmith

Ordered a whole lot of stuff off of the GLOKEN site yesterday, including an S-17 and S-8. Excited to get both of em!