News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama World Cup 2015

Started by The Void, 18 July, 2015, 12:04:07

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

#kwc
Just realised there's no thread on this. Better late than never.
https://www.gloken.net/en/w-cup/201505110146/
Day 1's over....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

BKA

Chatroom predictions, before they disappear:
QuoteDimensions [13|Jul 08:16 PM]:   My prediction: 1st: Nic Stodd 2nd: Bonz 3rd: Mikey Schelling
Dimensions [13|Jul 08:16 PM]:   Anyone think different?
The Void [14|Jul 12:19 AM]:   Yeah, I think your prediction will be proved wrong. (Odds favour me :) ). I have no prediction myself.
shalafi [14|Jul 09:57 AM]:   quite a lineup, I think Matt Sweets will do good this year.
Dimensions [14|Jul 03:51 PM]:   Haha, nice one Void!

LarsVegas [15|Jul 04:56 PM]:   No direct prediction, but there will be a Japanese player among the first three, if not at the first place.
emagdnim [16|Jul 07:13 PM]:   I think, 1st Bonz, 2nd Stodd 3rd Sweets

Dimensions

Nice to see the full list, thanks for posting!
And i'm actually surprised to see Bonz so low[nb]for hist standards  ;D[/nb]
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

LarsVegas

Quote from: Dimensions on 18 July, 2015, 20:59:29
Nice to see the full list, thanks for posting!
And i'm actually surprised to see Bonz so low[nb]for hist standards  ;D[/nb]
But anyway, your predictions are very close. Your three candidates _are_ among the first four! Let's wait for the final results - everything can change.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

theobau

shalafi

Apparently all our predictions missed.
Interesting to see USA players holding the first 5 spots and 7 out of the first 10...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

KenSan

@shalafi I found that interesting to. It then got me to thinking about who is doing kendama full time either playing or making and who has a "normal" 9-5 job? Out of the top 32 players 13 are American and 10 Japanese my guess would be all the Japanese are either I "normal" jobs of full time education. It strikes me that kendama is so big in America right now that a fair few of the American guys are doing kendama full time.
I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone's achievements I'm just interested to now being fairly new to the kendama scene.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

KenSan

Also according to Turner Thornes Instagram Wyatt Bray used Turners pro mod tama on a fresh tk16 Ken! Going to make sure I pick up a couple more tks in japan
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Needless to say, I had a similar idea for an extension of kendamapp, but it's nice that they made it ;-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.