News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

br4d24

Gonna try and land this next trick tomorrow!

Dimensions

Quote from: br4d24 on 06 May, 2013, 12:56:46
Gonna try and land this next trick tomorrow!
Good luck to you brad
It is harder than it looks
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

I think Void should opt for something less difficult, since it seems there are no takers for this one...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Cliffdama

Quote from: The Void on 02 May, 2013, 18:33:43
I think 10 entries is a respectable gap before coming back in...
Endless Combo #10 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

So assuming that's okay with Sam, I'll now set...
11. Lighthouse -> Fast Hand Candle

This is great! But how does a fast hand candle go? Is it like. Trowh the lighthouse up and change grip to candle grip and catch on base cup? :)

shalafi

AFAIK for a fast hand you can not throw, you have to go down, only, but it will be good if Void could verify that.

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 09 May, 2013, 09:21:46
I think Void should opt for something less difficult, since it seems there are no takers for this one...
Nah, it's tricky, but it's definitely doable. Grabbing the spike in flight is the awkward bit. And anyway, isn't part of the point of this challenge to introduce new combinations to people?  :)
Quote from: Cliffdama on 09 May, 2013, 10:43:26How does a fast hand candle go? Is it like. Trowh the lighthouse up and change grip to candle grip and catch on base cup? :)
Yes. But you can't let the string go taut. i.e. The ball cannot "fall to the bottom, and be pulled back up again". If you watch #2, (Aeroplane>)Fast Hand Base Cup on [noembed]
http://juggling.tv/12739 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download[/noembed], that should give you the impression of what Lighthouse>Fast Hand Candle is.

Or if you have KendamApp, watch Candle To Lighthouse, and imagine that in reverse!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Aha:  "fall to the bottom, and be pulled back up again"

I think I was trying something waay harder. Kind of a faster than gravity thing :)

BKA

Cliffdama

I did it ^^. Not on tape yet thats the next step. Not as hard as it sounds :). Maybe i'm doing it wrong haha

shalafi

Yes, but you can throw it, not just letting it go down, that is easier.... still though, but easier.

Yoda

I'm preety shure that the trick was done correctly, but to be shure let's wait for Void's verification. If so next step will be candle ->down stab fast hand stab.
KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

The Void

That's perfect, Yoda! Well done.

So, since you'll have to change the grip for #12, I guess it's "Candle -> Fast Hand Stab"?
Or maybe you are allowed to let the ball drop?...except I just tried that, and it's very tricky to control the hole if so, so I think it's the Fast Hand version... Yoda?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Yoda

Yes, I meant fast hand stab.  ;) Sorry for mistake.
KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

BKA

Great - go on then! First one to post a video gets to set the next transition....