News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge 33: Ornithology

Started by the milky oolong, 19 April, 2016, 15:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Alright people. So first things first, as I didn't beat the last Consistency Challenge I know I don't have true setter's rights to this one. But I thought it was a bit grim that the KCC had fallen asleep, and I've been thinking of this challenge for quite some time now (think I told @SamB about it at EKO 2014?). So here's a bit of ornithology for you guys to keep you brushed up on your Birds.

The following ten tricks must be executed in one camera take, with the player remaining in frame throughout, with positions held for a decent three-count unless otherwise specified:

Bird
Small Cup Bird
Swing to Bird
Swing to Small Cup Bird
Bird (hold min. 1 sec.) Turn In
Big Cup to Nodding On (rock Tama on to Bird, no hop)
Ski Lift to Bird (draw Tama up string with finger)
Bird Over the Valley
Bird Turn Over the Valley (Bird, Earth Turn to Small Cup Bird, In)
Swing to Bird Turn Over the Valley (Swing to Bird, Earth Turn to Small Cup Bird, Turn In)

Now that the days are nice and bright again, please film this with plenty of light.

I was thinking of giving you a Joker point, or a single allowed 'miss' on this one...
...so here's the bad news: I decided against it; all ten tricks must be performed without a fault. Push yourselves.
...and here's the good news: the (first) player who beats the challenge wins a 30€ 'gift voucher' from me for www.kendama.cz, which should get you something tasty (Trojka PLAstic, anyone? Premium Ozora? Sweets F3?). So that's up to 30€ worth of swag, before postal costs.

Good luck, my feathered friends.

TMO.

[Moderator notes:
1. You must be a member of this forum to enter. (It's free to join - sign up!)
2. You must post a link to your video in reply to this thread.
Simple rules, now go and do it!]
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Well played, milky. This should be interesting.... The race is on!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Well, to start the ball rolling, I got this far...

http://juggling.tv/15853 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
..., twice!, before my knees decided I'd had enough.
I think this is a good consistency challenge, as there's nothing in there that's insane on its own, but putting them all together in a row... yep, that's tougher!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Hehe, nice one Void, where did you get those commentator blokes from? I think they were watching the wrong game, though.

Not a bad run at all, must be that stabiizing pinkie keeping things on an even keel. Have to say, though, the sixth trick in the list is Big Cup > Nodding On, not Bird > Nod Off > On, as in your version. Though if you'd had stomped it with that little 'error' in there, I'd have given it you anyway.

Who's next?
Kendama Berlin

Dimensions

For the record, I did this 4 hours ago. Bloody technology having to mess everything up:

Good?
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Quote from: the milky oolong on 19 April, 2016, 20:22:15Have to say, though, the sixth trick in the list is Big Cup > Nodding On, not Bird > Nod Off > On, as in your version. Though if you'd had stomped it with that little 'error' in there, I'd have given it you anyway.
I'm an idiot. Read the rules, Void, read the damn rules!
Still, at least I know it's number 33, not number 23. ;-P
Great work, Rob, go Royalists!

shalafi

Nice theme @the milky oolong and nicely picked tricks.

But Rob is just too good for the rest of us.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

*Sigh*.

Quotewith the player remaining in frame throughout

I can't believe you'd be so cruel as to make me call you out on something like this; if the kendama player is to remain in shot throughout, it goes without saying that the kendama and the decisive Turn In should be executed in shot too. I'm not saying in any way that you didn't land it; it's blatantly obvious from your stance (and the kendama you throw away making things even more difficult) that there was nothing fishy about the landing. But I'm not ready to let it through on that, which makes me feel awful as a mere yoctometre more upward angle (like the great outdoors affords) would have meant your ken stayed in shot throughout!

So, here's how it goes. You can either submit another take, or, if nobody else succeeds in beating the challenge, all clean and in shot and focussed and well-lit and stuff, then the prize defaults to you, as it was of course a perfect run with perfect 3-count holds and a good amount of light.

So, the rest of you ( @SamB @kendamatty @oesterzilla @SkubMosh @cello_91 @Peter W. @donald grant @mreasyguy @s070s @theobau @joris.schweppe  et al):

Kendama Consistency Challenge 33 continues, if anyone can steal from Rob, that is, unless he takes five minutes before his dinner and spanks this line for keeps!
Kendama Berlin

joris.schweppe

I dont have time for this Sorry, but still If I can find the golden moment within the upcoming 24 hours I will try to land the combo.

Thanks for the number 33 call tho, I love it.

<333 Joris

Dimensions

Hmm, true. Don't know if I could get away by posting this:
You can just see the cups in shot, and if the cups are in shot and the ball didn't land on the spike... You would see the spike :)
Also that juicy clicking sound

But your call, I'll try again tomorrow
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

the milky oolong

Quote from: Dimensions on 20 April, 2016, 17:55:46
Hmm, true. Don't know if I could get away by posting this:
You can just see the cups in shot, and if the cups are in shot and the ball didn't land on the spike... You would see the spike :)
Also that juicy clicking sound

But your call, I'll try again tomorrow

I almost agree with you and I feel mean but I'm going to stand firm; as I said I'm not debating the spike itself but all in all it's not a clean finish for me. Kinda looks like you've got this one in the bag one way or the other, though, eh?
Kendama Berlin

Jak

Ive just seen the last move is a turn in, I could cry, this took over an hour. lol.

Jak

This was the second go after coming back to it! Either my computers running slow or the video is a bit glitchy, not sure why.

HansNickmans

I was looking for something to do tomorrow morning...
Although I will never get close. However, this would be a good training list to get more birds under my wing (or another pun that's better suited).
Kendama Belgium!