News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

4th Dan practice

Started by The Void, 13 May, 2012, 16:51:37

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Yesterday I decided to film my practice session:
Kendama 4th Dan practice session - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

ChrisD

Very impressive (and best of luck for Japan).

Speed-trick B in 60 seconds looks really tough1.  Moshi-kame aside, it almost makes the rest of the 4 dan tricks look like a relaxing warm-up for the main 60-second event.  Does it ever feel that way?

Chris

1Well, speed-trick B at any speed looks tough to me, but given that the last 5 tricks are ones that you've just been able to demonstrate 'at your leisure', doing them all in very quick succession does seem quite a bit tougher still....

The Void

Hi Chris,
Yep, it feels a lot like that. I've practised 4th Dan so much that I now expect[nb]Hubris ahoy![/nb] to get the compulsory tricks most times. Moshi kame and STB are the killers. I would put my average STB time at probably something like 57 seconds, so I hope to get it in 2 attempts, but it's all too easy not to.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

TheBlackLion

I'm also practising this dan, so it's a nice video fro me.
Your speed trick was truly intense! It's the only thing I can't get for now...

The Void

The best advice I can give for learning any Speed Trick list, is, at first, don't try to do it fast, just try to do it. Get consistent with the tricks in a row first, then build speed.

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 14 May, 2012, 17:59:07Hubris ahoy!
Yep sure enough, I failed on both Moshi and a set trick in 2 of my last 3 tries. I did hit a new personal record of 44.5s for the STB though...

ChrisD

Quote from: The Void on 16 May, 2012, 21:46:00
I did hit a new personal record of 44.5s for the STB though...
Better get those 5 Dan tricks polished for Japan then!  8)

Best of luck,
Chris

s070s

very nice, i'm sure you are going the make in when the real exam comes.

with the tricks you get ten go's
do you get any re-tries with the speed trick list?

BKA

You are allowed 2 attempts at Speed Trick B.
That info should be on http://kendama.co.uk/tricks.html ! We'll fix that soon.  :)

Kendama Europe

Respect Dude, very impressive!

Specially when I still picture you first video made, when I saw you the first time!
Kendama production and shop since 2008 at
https://www.kendama.de/en

Kendama - easy to learn, hard to master

The Void

Ha, thanks man! Yeah, I've come a long way in 4.5 years. Still a really long way to go yet - that's one of the great things about kendama: you can never say you've "Mastered" it.