News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

World Kendama Championship/Festival, Japan, July 14th, 2013

Started by The Void, 19 March, 2013, 20:34:33

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I've just had word from Yano-san that this year's World Kendama Championship is on July 14th.
I don't know if I'll definitely be able to go this year, but I'm going to try really hard to. I'm sure that I speak for all the foreigners who went in saying we had an absolutely great time last year. I encourage everyone who loves kendama to get the hell over there if you possibly can.

For those who are newish to the scene, my blog of last year's event starts here:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,429.msg3940.html#msg3940
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

No chance for me this year but I may build it into my 2014 budget. It's on my lifegoal list!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

RodDama

best time ive ever had! Japan in itself is an amazing place to be... but with all of the kendama players together under one roof...its even BETTER!!! i have to go back... dont care how i get there.. its happening!! i hope you all can join me! :)
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

LarsVegas

I'll be in Japan beginning of April. I guess that's too early for the festival and I'm sure I won't be there in July.
But Toulouse is getting more certain :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Kernow Kendama

Would be amazing to get the KAtW Ken here :) Anyone going willing to take it?
Cheers n Gone
KEN BOOTY

RodDama

Quote from: Kernow Kendama on 10 April, 2013, 02:50:33
Would be amazing to get the KAtW Ken here :) Anyone going willing to take it?
Cheers n Gone
i would take it! but it would have to either meet me there or come to canada first.. and i could bring it to france after for the ejc!
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

BKA

AlexSmith

My plan is to head to this event, hopefully everything comes together and I can make it! Should be an amazing time!

The Void

Have a fantastic time, Alex. Alas, I think the closest I will get to this year's event is being on the poster. :-/

Searching Youtube for "kendama festa2013" throws up last year's set of trick videos, although they all now have "2013" in the descriptions. Get practising!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

I'll have to take a look at the tricks, though I must admit I probably won't practice that seriously. I'm more interested in attending to see old friends and make some new ones, and to see what a Japanese event is all about. Keith is planning on attending as well, I'm sure he'll give the eastern players a run for their money.

Fun fact: July 14th is my birthday. Hooray!

RodDama

-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

Craftybuddy

Here is the translation I submitted to Yano san. Obviously some people here are going so please look into these.
If you have any questions please let me know.

Are anyone who is going / visiting going for a homestay?? If so, please contact me - I have something to tell you   ;)

Enjoy your trip!!

Yoko
(craftybuddy)

BKA

The Void

Good luck and have fun to everyone this weekend! Wish I could be there.  :-\

So, my money's on Mukai-san for the title, with Keith giving the "best foreigner" showing. Whaddya reckon?