News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge 17:#birdsfordays

Started by SweetsKendamas, 30 October, 2012, 02:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetsKendamas

Sorry it has taken me this long to start the next challenge. I have been busy with kendama related things I assure you ;D

You may have noticed that I created a hashtag for this consistency challenge. I don't think enough people utilize this forum so I am going to try and change that. Here is what I want to try. Everyone who films for this challenge should take a picture or write a post while you are out and use the hastag #birdsfordays to tag your pic or post. This may give away the nature of the challenge but its all good. In the post you should also include the website www.kendama.co.uk and tell people to join the Forum and compete!

I will post a photo of the Limited Run Sweets Kendama Prize tomorrow!

Contest will start at 11:59AM CST on October 31st, 2012 HALLOWEEN!

-Sweets

SweetsKendamas

So here is the prize for the winner. A Sweets Aisuru Chameleon Kendama. This thing looks amazing in the sunlight!

So here is the #birdsfordays challenge. I wanted to make one really hard. I think this will do. I tried to explain the tricks as best I can. Good Luck! The timer starts now.

Around The Big Bird : ( Big Cup -> Big Bird -> Little Cup -> Big Bird -> Bottom Cup -> Big Bird -> Spike)
Around the Little Bird   : ( Big Cup -> Little Bird -> Little Cup -> Little Bird -> Bottom Cup -> Little Bird -> Spike)
Bird Over The Valley -> To Spike
Bird Ball Flip Bird -> To Spike
Bird Double Ball Flip Bird -> To Spike

bonzatron

does this have to be done in one line no mess ups

The Void

Quote from: SweetsKendamas on 31 October, 2012, 16:34:45I wanted to make one really hard. I think this will do.
I think it sure will! That's a very tough challenge, but a very nice looking prize for whoever nails it.

Yes, bonzatron. To quote from the rules from KCC#1 by Donald:
Quote from: donald grant on 23 September, 2011, 17:27:05Remember the rules: all tricks, in order, no cuts or sneaky edits.  First to post a video of it in this thread wins [the prize], the glory and the right to create and name the next consistency challenge.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

This is a tough one. That bird -> double turn -> bird alone is way harder than I thought it would be!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

jafish41

KendAlex

i did all tricks with practice,
first 3 combo's getting well.
everytime i get busted on Bird Ball Flip Bird -> To Spike and the Bird Double Ball Flip Bird -> To Spike.
i hope i have some more time, first i need a beer to relax.
try again with more pauze between the combo's
for all the competitors, good luck
this is a tough one

jafish41

KendAlex

haha, don't worry,
i don't have much time left to try this, untill saterday or sunday,
i was close 3 times in the 1,5 hour i tried this ladder
i think other players will get this soon as well

JeffD

KendAlex

the past contest only  a JKA and EKA kendama like SunRise, Play kendama, ozora, TK16, shin fuji, Mugen, Sakura kendamas were alowed
i don't know if Matt Sweets have won his last round with a sweets kendama,

but i think British kendama have to tell you this,

for me it does not matter, it is all about technic. but i did not make the rules for this one
i love to do birds with a Shin Fuji rokurosen red stripes

SweetsKendamas

All of the above mentioned kendamas are allowed. Including Sweets. As long as that is fine with The Void. Just make sure it is formal size. No jumbos or minis.

JeffD

Lol so just to be clear before I start trying to film we can use anything as long as it's competition sized?

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

Quote from: KendAlex on 31 October, 2012, 21:31:54the past contest only  a JKA and EKA kendama like SunRise, Play kendama, ozora, TK16, shin fuji, Mugen, Sakura kendamas were alowed
Actually, those are our "live" competition rules, but after having gone back to check, it's never been mentioned in the KCCs, apart from #10, where "competition size" was stated.

So, standard/competition size, any brand.