News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I gave this a blast for 20 mins in the late afternoon light. Came really close twice, and also twice came realllly close to fluking a yank-spike finish! I reckon I could get it (the normal version!) in another 20 minutes, maybe. Have you guys got close, @shalafi @kaia @Maicodama ?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I tried it a bit, I'm getting all tangled. May be able to do a 2 juggle, but a 4 is another story
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Maicodama

Tipped a few times but I've been at work most days so I haven't been able to give it a good go but I might just tomorrow with Kofi
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

Jak

Frustrating when you can get the trick but can't enter the round lol.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

fiddletriks

*welsh thistle*

The Void

@nemo The lighthouse could have been held still a little longer at the start (for the edit), but I think you got away with it. :) Accepted! Nicely done, sir.

What do you want to see next for #146?

fiddletriks

*welsh thistle*

Dimensions

There is a prize of a Royal Kendama for one random participant between tricks 126-150.
Currently in the draw: The Void, KenSan, Peat, mreasyguy, BenPycroft24, shalafi, nemo, SamB, s070s, Dimensions, the milky oolong

Next trick is:
146. [from Spike] > Earth Turn to Bird
- Throw The tama 360°
-Catch on Bird
- Balance still for 3 seconds

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

the milky oolong, kendamatty, jak, The Void & nemo must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Dimensions

fiddletriks

*welsh thistle*

Dimensions

There is a prize of a Royal Kendama for one random participant between tricks 126-150.
Currently in the draw: The Void, KenSan, Peat, mreasyguy, BenPycroft24, shalafi, nemo, SamB, s070s, Dimensions, the milky oolong

Next trick is:
147. [from Bird] > Little Bird
- Throw the tama - with no spin
- Catch on little bird (fly it over the valley)
- Balance still for 3 seconds

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

kendamatty, jak, The Void, nemo & Dimensions must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!

shalafi

Ah, this I can do. Since I'm doing some recording today I'll get it in.

And then probably give some time to see if new blood wants to enter

shalafi

I got it on video, not uploading it until Wednesday to let fresh blood jump in

shalafi