News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Mugen Musou (Public availability)

Started by BKA, 24 October, 2013, 16:51:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach_Styles

So, I went to a friend's house that has a scale on Friday...

Sparkling Green Mugen Musou
Tama - 81.6g
Ken - 66.8g

Obviously I wish that those numbers were a bit closer. That being said, it is the way it is and I shouldn't waste time and energy thinking about it. I've been playing with it a ton over the last few days and it's really growing on me. I'm just hoping my next Mugen Musou is a little bit more balanced.

HansNickmans

Those who missed out and can't afford the crazy auction prizes, goodsfromjapan is selling.
http://www.goodsfromjapan.com/mugen-musou-kendama-snow-gold-p-1635.html

I think this is a pretty decent price compared to what they get auctioned for. This is probably the fairest way to still get one if you really want to get these colours and can't wait for new ones.

Not that I'm buying, just letting you guys know.
Kendama Belgium!

feelgoodandcarryon

dies anyone else have trouble taking the tips off? I tried to use the wrench but it doesn't cut it, any tips?

mrjuggles

Mine was a bit of a struggle to get off, you really have to get the wrench pretty far down on the tip for it to have a good grip.  I'm not sure I'm a fan of this new tip system, I've only played with mine for about an hour and the tip is already getting pretty scratched up from coming into contact with the edge of the hole on the tama.

shalafi

Let's resurrect a post that is has been quiet for a year.

I got my Sakura Pearl a week ago. It took me a while to decide if I wanted a musou or not. Finally I decided that the plastic tip was a good idea and went for it.

It is a heavy kendama all in all, I think mine has a slightly heavier tama but it's not too off. I lack a precision scale, so it is just personal impression.

Something people are not talking about is the hole on the base cup. It impacts the balance point for lunars, and it's amazing. This kendama is a Lunar magnet. Maybe the Grain Theory with the swoop are similar, but I haven't tried those.

The paint of the Sakura Pearl is also amazing. Appart from the visual finish, which is really impressive, it is sticky but not too much and the plastic tip helps on keeping it in great condition.

Does anyone know if they are numbered, and if so, where the number is?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

PikWik

[user]shalafi[/user] - i believe the number is on the packaging. mine was on the sticker seal (#238)