News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Short session in the garden: some sun! Landed a couple of Spacewalk~Yamabiko Gaeshi , with a flashback of learning them, with tips from Cima and Tensui, in Poland 6 years ago.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

I'm calling this Handaxe, for want of a better name. (Or, indeed, a better trick.)

The Void

The Void

At the club tonight, I did Reverse-Whirlwind Earth Turn 3 times, and Whirlwind Earth Turn twice in a row three times. Thought I'd try Moshi for the last 15 minutes... lasted 3. :-)

The Void

The Void

His Sinfulness

I'm still a noob, so I'm stoked that I landed my first few Birds, and finished to the spike. :)

BKA

Nice one, @His Sinfulness . We've all been noobs, so no worries there.
Maybe try Small Bird > Spike next, or adding an Earth Turn. Or Bird Fly Over The Valley if you're feeling adventurous.
Click on!

The Void

I've been ill - you probably noticed the lack of posts[nb], but did nothing to rectify the situation. Oh well.[/nb]. Here's one from last week.

Bird > Fast Hand Assisted Reverse Turn In

HansNickmans

Wow, I haven't been on this forum in quite a while... but!

A friend of mine brought back a Meijin and a TK16 classic from Japan. Combined with moving house and finally having a great indoor space for practice, I busted out some tricks this weekend. I got my first ever jumping stick to lunar (however, with the TK16 classic it is a bit cheating). And I finally managed to get my juggle/ghost to lighthouse trick (however, without the in).

And one trick got me reminiscing about BKO 2015. I remember at the pub after social day, @mreasyguy trying a scoop spike<-lighthouse<-one-flip scoop spike. I have been trying that trick off and on ever since then, and I finally got it. So, this one's for you mreasyguy, even if you don't remember ;-)
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Hey @HansNickmans , nice to see you here again. Congrats on the move, the space, and the tricks!
I haven't touched a kendama in 3 weeks due to illness and lethargy, but I feel like today's the day, either in the garden, or at the club tonight. Adam's trick seems like a good one to ease back in with....
Ciao!

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 12 November, 2018, 13:23:19
I haven't touched a kendama in 3 weeks due to illness and lethargy, but I feel like today's the day, either in the garden...
Oof, my powers are weak! :-/

The Void

Today I popped into town. En route I briefly watched @Cand1ez working, but then moved on to re-grade @ben_young - no luck today, but getting closer, Ben! - and then had a filming jam with @Dimensions . Clips will emerge...

Pic:

donald grant

Out for a walk in the woods today, landed quite a few "around infinity slingers".  Fun trick to do while strolling, don't know why I didn't think of it before :)