News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge 15 - Mirror

Started by Thorny, 24 August, 2012, 23:08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorny

I apologise for absence recently, but I've not been able to play a lot of kendama recently.... As I broke a bone in my hand so kendama play with my right hand was made impossible, so you may see which direction this challenge is heading! I will check back here over the weekend to update this post will the challenge release date/time!

BKA

Sounds interesting.... And challenging! :-)

Ash

Really exited by the sound of this challenge :).

Any idea when it will be posted ?

Regards,

Ash
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times - Bruce Lee

P.S. Replace Kick with Trick

Thorny

I've been with my getting the ball rolling on this... sorry!

The prize for this will be a used pink Oozora! It's in reasonably good condition, except for one chip on the bottom cup which happened when it was still relatively new and I've not really played it since then. This sucks a little bit, but it's still a good kendama to receive for winning a little 'for fun' competition, I'm sure if someone gave it to me... I'd still be pleased! It's the kendama I've been using while I've been injured!

I'll edit this post with a photo of it soon.

Competition will be live at 19:00 GMT, Monday 3rd September! So make sure you're around to see what's happening!

I've tried to air this a little late where I live (but not too late...) so then hopefully people from Europe and from The States way-on can enter if they want to.

Take it easy, I'll see you soon!

Thorny

Evening!

The idea of my ladder is to test your less dominant hands playing ability!

I know this may be out of some player's depths, but it should be good fun!

1. Slip-On-Stick
2. Earth Turn
3. Around The World
4. Jumping Stick
5. Lighthouse - Falling

No cheeky filming with your usual hand and mirroring the video! That's just in bad taste!
If by within a day or two nobody has completed this ladder I'll upload a video of me completing it :)

Thanks!

The Void

I reckon that one won't last long. I'll give it a go later, but I bet someone beats me to it...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

If for once a ladder is feasible for me, there's a trick to it :(
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Ash

Nice Challenge :). Got all the tricks now just need to get them in a row with no fails.. Easier said than done.

Good luck everyone!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times - Bruce Lee

P.S. Replace Kick with Trick

The Void

Tricky. After ~45 minutes of filming, I got it.

Encoding...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

AlexSmith

Managed to get this one, after several flubbed airplanes.
Left play makes me feelbadman.jpg

AlexSmith

Ah! Well, guess I should have hit the refresh button :p
Nice work, Void.

The Void

Phew, that was close. Glad I didn't stop to add titles or anything like that. Nice one Alex, and cheers for a tough (but not insane) KCC, Thorny.

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

LarsVegas

And a pink Kendama for Void. I guess that was some additional motivation :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion