News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I've changed my cup-of-tea trick to Whirlwind Earth Turn and a Reverse Whirlwind Earth Turn. But not in a row.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

V v nice @Dimensions! (I think I posted before, but my current damp-string connection must've dropped it.)

Here are 3 tricks I did. I like the 3rd one best.

The Void

I've been on holiday, and barely touched a kendama in 2 weeks. It was great. Meanwhile, here's a line I did with @kendamatty's model:

The Void

Another two from me. Repeats from TIUOB, really, but it doesn't seem like many people watched that.

The Void

I had fun today at the SWJ meet-up. Eventually got @tomdama_93's newly-coined Around Cardiff, after missing the last hit seemingly incessantly. @Dimensions was experimenting with lots of "extra ball" stuff, the TKF crew were on enthusiastic form, and I got a couple of extra clips filmed for the collab too. Roll on the next one. Hope it won't be... RUBBISH! ;-)

The Void

The Void

donald grant

Ran a come and try session at the weekend for a fundraiser for two local good causes.  The guy who landed spike first time was a good one, but moment of the afternoon was the mum who beat her two sons to be the first to land spike.  Family competitiveness at its finest :)
Big thanks again to Oddballs for generously providing the Royal kendamas for these little events.  Every bit of money raised makes a difference.  D

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 10 June, 2019, 10:50:44
Ran a come and try session at the weekend for a fundraiser for two local good causes.  The guy who landed spike first time was a good one, but moment of the afternoon was the mum who beat her two sons to be the first to land spike.  Family competitiveness at its finest :)
Big thanks again to Oddballs for generously providing the Royal kendamas for these little events.  Every bit of money raised makes a difference.  D
Excellent stuff, Donald. On Saturday, as usual, we had a few passers-by come along and ask what it was all about. (Perhaps boosted by there happening to be a green fair also on in the square that day.) Several Spikes were landed. :-) James also got this line with a no-hole Axe:

The Void

donald grant

Okay, it was actually last week, but I "found" and landed a nice little combo: one turn lighthouse - one turn c-whip - one turn to lighthouse - trade in.  Looks very pretty as the ken goes from vertical on the tama to vertical underneath and back again.  Don't know why I never thought of it before :)

Jasmino123

Today I bought my first Kendama! I've done other skills before (mostly poi and juggling) but I'm really looking forward to this 😃

BKA

Hi @Jasmino123 ,
Welcome to the forum! Hope you're loving it so far. :)