News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Co shutting.

Started by KenSan, 06 August, 2016, 11:02:44

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

Apparently Kendama Co are shutting up shop and are liquidating their stock with up to 70% off of kendamas!

Not really sure why this is, but I have a couple of Zens and they are very nice kendamas. So if you ever wanted to try one now is the time to take the plunge.

Shipping to UK for a single dama was $14 when I succumbed and bought another a couple of days ago ::)
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

PikWik

yeah man,

this is so unexpected. kendama co has had some of the all-time greats either on their team, or in part, related to. like, THE best players in the world. fischer, bosch, bonz, dan ro, cam, tana, stodd, & wyatt were all in the kendama co "family". its a great loss to the community to lose the 3rd biggest, US, company.

lots of rumors are flying around as to why this happened. it seems like theres two seperate ideas as to why they closed. one, being that they were always a struggling company and now was the best time to cut their loss'. they expected a bigger return from the KWC and it didnt happen. and two, is that they cut ties with their major financial aid, who has a history with some "stranger danger"... but, im just repeating what others have said... but, without their major financial aid to pay for renting their warehouse, paying employees/shipping, they are forced to close at the end of the month.

either way, kendama co is one of the big 3 companies. theres no doubt that the american companies have brought kendama to the level that it is today, and with so many kendama co pros getting shelved, i dont know what the future of kendama has in store. kendamaUSA is slow to adopting new team members, and sweets already has a ton of pro players. honestly, i dont know whats going to happen with these other kendama co pros that just got sponsored...  :-\

crazy times for sure

i love playing kendama and cant see myself quitting anytime soon. the joy i get from learning a new trick and getting consistent is one of the true joys in my life. when i meet someone who plays kendama, theres so much to talk about. when did you start playing? what kendamas do you prefer? natural or sticky? can you do a lunar? do you have an OG mugen? ...?

sad to see them go, for sure

KenSan

Yeah Ive heard the chatter on IG. Difficult to know whats what though.
I was supprised when I saw Bonz was reping Krom at  the world cup, but I though, well he also has his own company so maybe kenco are letting him do whatever. Then not long before kencos anouncemnt of the sale Church of kano said he was leaving because he wasnt happy with the co. None of the other pros have said much to my knowledge but I dont follow all of them. (Jake Fisher has changed his IG name I notice)

I saw Soma kanamoto say he was glad to have had even a little time on their team as was Cal Nassar.

There was some friction durring the world cup with Ontrack kendama I noticed and accusations of poaching Soma Kanamoto and another player. Not sure what that was about, maybe a little disrespect was shown to Ontrack but their owner sometimes wares her heart on her sleave a liitle too much. Especially knowing how social media can be.

I liked Kendama co they had that Indy vibe to them what with Kusa and Sweets Summer blockbuster feel ;D @PikWik

shalafi

Sad to see them closing, but on the other hand, we have made a massive order of kendamas from Dublin...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

KenSan

@shalafi Ha ha some of those kendamas are ridiculously cheap thats for sure.  I think I saw Play kendamas or $3.99  :o I picked up a white stripe zen for $11.99 but they are up at $15.99 lastime I looked. Also a natty zen and shenzu for good measure  ;D

EthanIkeler

It sure is a shame to see them closing.

dimyself

Hi there!  :D i recently found out about kendama because my friend went to jp...

...and thought it looked fun enough to try my hand at it. I found that kendamaco was going out of business and bought a few dama's through them a few days ago...

Does anyone know if they're still selling dama's? I haven't really heard anything since placing the order over the weekend.

Also are their kendama's good for beginner? I bought both types they have and also including a glow in the dark one

The Void

Hi @dimyself ,
Welcome to the forum. I don't know about their current activity, but as a beginner, you'll be fine with a KCo. Mostly it's a lot more about learning good form rather than the kendama itself. Click on, have fun!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

@dimyself

Not sure what KenCos current state is but I recieved a kendama from them at the end of November just fine, and have had a few orders from them since they've been liquidating.

Some people have started having trouble with them not fulfilling orders in full etc. But if you used Paypal you should be covered if the worse does come to the worst.

The Zens are great kendamas though, and the shenzhu aren't bad either!

shalafi

We got our massive order a while ago without any problems, then the website looked closed, they may have got some final stock and reopened it.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

dimyself

cool thanks alot guys!! they finally did send me the tracking...however it's been about 4-5 days now and the tracking still shows that package hasn't registered in USPS system lol ... it appears to be the slowest shipping/delivery there is...in the world :D

...thats ok, cant really blame them i guess with going out of business and the lower pricing...

...i am ready to play kendama though!!

KendamaCO303

Hi Kendama Fans! KendamaCO here,

DIMYSELF - First off brutha, we apologize for the long shipping time. It was a one man operation for a minute. Hope you're satisfied.

We are just reaching out the community to share that we still have some great KendamaCO dama's available. We are still sadly closing up shop. We have had some issues behind the scene's, and have lost access to our .COM and therefore our website. The site is still up, but orders can not be placed through it. Great deals are available. As well, many one of a kind, and limited edition dama's will be up for grabs. A new website is being made just for this final sale but will take a little bit. Please email KENDAMACO303@gmail.com for more information. Thanks ya'll!