News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanfung

It's hard but not impossible; penguin big cup > bird

Took me a while, best tip is move your arm in a clockwise direction around the tama as you lift, good luck !!

BKA

And we're rolling again!

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user] and [user]jordanfung[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is
59. Penguin Big Cup (ken grip) > Bird
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user] & [user]jordanfung[/user] must sit out round 59.
Good luck everyone!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

emagdnim

Looks fine, you beat me in Void.
I was uploading, maybe better luck next time.

The Void

Aw, sorry mate. Well, in such cases, you should upload anyway - you never know, Jordan might reject my entry!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I almost looks like contact :) a Nodding on from the penguin catch.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Cool, thanks Jaordan.
Right then, next up is...

60. Bird > Banking. Hold still for 3 seconds.
Edited to add: Please film so that I can see the ball's not touching your thumb
Go!

BKA

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user] and [user]jordanfung[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is
60. Bird > Banking (Hold still for 3 seconds).

Edited to add: Please film so that we can see the ball's not touching your thumb.
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user] & [user]The Void[/user] must sit out round 60.
Good luck everyone!

Sonicpearse

Blimey! Never ever even done banking before, let alone from bird - like it! I'm on it... (May not be first to do it though)
Sonicpearse

The Void

I got this tonight. Very tricky, but it's possible. Stick at it, guys!

shalafi

How is banking different from windwalker? Or did we just changed the name and I didn't noticed?

Kev

My understanding is that Banking and Wingwalker are very similar.

I believe that Wingwalker is like a Bird with the ken in a vertical(-ish) position while the tama only rests on the cup and doesn't touch the spike.

In Banking I think the Ken is held more flat / horizontally with around a 45 degree twist of the cups to the floor. You catch on the lower cup edge, which is the cup nearest you.

I hope this is right and helps you [user]Shalafi[/user]?

*As a point of note, this leads me to thinking - as Wingwalker can become Wingrunner, does Banking become Bankrunner or is there another term for hopping from bank to bank?*

shalafi

From the pics, I'd say that the banking has the tama touching the sarado, while the wingwalker does not... but I may be wrong in the appreciation.

Kev

Yes that's exactly right as far as I understand, hence the need for the 45 degree tilt.