News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

That's Kyu 1.

The kyu levels go from 10 (lowest) to 1 (highest).

The Dan is the other way around, from 1 (lowest) to 6 (highest you can earn by completing tricks)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Today I did speed trick B in 1:20, my personal best!

Practising the consistency of all that tricks for the Dan really paid off.

Kev

Today I had a great kendama day. Starting out with a decent practice session this morning with Void, (he on 6th Dan preparation, me on string tricks and stilts helped along by a beautiful yellow Mugen).

The rest of the day was spent goofing around with silly tricks, getting some on film and coming up with a lot of new ideas.

More tomorrow!

MelkyReb

@shalafi Today I completed speed trick B in 1:35!!! Slowly catching up to you bud... :P
Addicted to Kendama since 2013! Better than any drug out there... :o

shalafi

Well done @MelkyReb ! As long as it's under 2 it's good enough for me.

The Void

Well done, all.
Today I missed a practice 6th Dan by 1 hit on the last trick, failed to film any silly tricks with Kev, had constructive EKO chats, renewed a BKA member's subscription, and hit my (first?) 3-Turn Aeroplane (when trying a 2-Turn). Oh yeah, and I bought 2 rather nice kendamas yesterday.

Plus I judged a juggling competition.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

MelkyReb

Quote from: The Void on 31 March, 2015, 23:27:46
Today I missed a practice 6th Dan by 1 hit on the last trick and hit my (first?) 3-Turn Aeroplane (when trying a 2-Turn). Oh yeah, and I bought 2 rather nice kendamas yesterday.
@The Void I hate when that happens... :P :-[ You should share your 2 new "rather nice" kendamas on the new arrivals thread. I would love to see them!
Addicted to Kendama since 2013! Better than any drug out there... :o

The Void

I will do, Melky. But I'm on the road right now, so getting nice pics and uploading them is a bit awkward right now. Next week!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 01 April, 2015, 11:09:32
I will do, Melky. But I'm on the road right now, so getting nice pics and uploading them is a bit awkward right now. Next week!
Is BJC over already? Hope you had good fun, sounded like it :)

Kev

No BJC is on til Friday. I came home for supplies last night, now just getting prepared to head back in for another couple of kendama days.

8)

The Void

A fun session this afternoon of inventing/exploring new/odd/silly tricks with Kev & Captain Duncan.

kayadama

Been trying to learn a new trick everyday for a while now, and also film it again once done. Had learnt lighthouse flip yesterday but didnt get round to filming it. Got a few on film this morning :)

HansNickmans

I did 560 moshikames, speed trick B in 1:10 and than failed on the final Jumping Stick...

3rd Dan, here I come
now to get some practice in for the competition...
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

Quote from: HansNickmans on 03 April, 2015, 12:17:19
I did 560 moshikames, speed trick B in 1:10 and than failed on the final Jumping Stick...

3rd Dan, here I come
now to get some practice in for the competition...
Cool! I can do the moshikames from time to time, and STB under 2 from time to time as well.
Actually, you are very close to have it under 60 seconds. Well done!