News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Shoutbox

Started by BKA, 16 December, 2011, 13:40:45

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

We've added a shoutbox. You should be able to see it on the front page of the forum, and all sub-forum pages.

If you don't like it, it's collapsable with the -/+ button.

If you do like it, chat away!

AlexSmith

So far... I like it. Kinda messes up my scrolling if my mouse is in the box, but I'll get used to that haha.

BKA

After giving it a try, we've come to the conclusion that this forum isn't big/active enough yet for the shoutbox not to be a distraction from the forum posts themselves, so we're canning it for now, at least.

Mark

Quote from: BKA on 21 December, 2011, 13:40:30
After giving it a try, we've come to the conclusion that this forum isn't big/active enough yet for the shoutbox not to be a distraction from the forum posts themselves, so we're canning it for now, at least.

I love that phrase!
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

BKA

A couple of years on, we thought we'd give this another go.
You should now see the chatbox on the homepage of the forum (but not on other pages), but only if you're logged in.

Dimensions

I just used the box and what I typed came up as [user]BKA[/user] wrote it
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Strange, that's not what we're seeing.

Kendama+cliniK

haha This is awesome! Nice feature guys!!!!  8)

I'll make sure to keep posting on the threads. haha
Kendama+cliniK

BKA

Well, it doesn't seem to be hyper-busy, but with occasional flurries of chatty activity, it seems useful here and there. Chat box stays! :)

BKA

Over time, the Shoutbox has become less-used. Perhaps because it does not show up on Tapatalk. This can lead to someone posting in there, and getting no reply for quite a while. Which in these days of instant gratification, might mean someone thinking there's no-one listening.

So we've decided to disable the Shoutbox. Let's keep all our chats in the main forums.