News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

UK Northern Regional Competition 2013, York, 26th Jan

Started by BKA, 20 October, 2012, 12:16:39

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Having failed to find a suitable venue[nb]that would bother replying to emails[/nb] north of the border, it looks like we're heading back to Chocfest in York in January. I'm awaiting confirmation from them, but I'm pretty sure they'll be They are happy to host us again.

Full comp details are at http://www.kendama.co.uk/nrc2013.html

Cash prizes sponsored by BKA. Additional prizes from Mr Yano of the World Kendama Championships.

Paging Grimsby, paging Grimsby, we expect you to double your turnout from last year! :D

Thorny

We shall try our best to get more people to come down! It's likely we'll be able to convince another three of us! :D

BKA

AdamWest

Quick question about my usable/or maybe not to usable Kendamas at the NRC?
is a Kawasaki TK16 allowed? Just wondered with the paint being for crotch rockets and all :)

BKA

Hi Adam,
Welcome to the forum.

Although the TK16 is a BKA-approved kendama, I think the custom paint job would have to count as it being modified, so unfortunately for you, it's not allowed. We do have the rule that competitors have to own their own kendama, but I think in this case you would probably be allowed to borrow a kendama from a friend (or us) to compete with. After all, we want to be *in*clusive, not exclusive.

Cheers.

AdamWest

That's fine :)
By the time of the NRC I'll have some new ones, at least now I have time to get some and think about whether they'll be allowed before it was too late to do so.

I need to stop buying slightly 'fancy' Kendamas if you will...
I currently have a White rabbit Oozora, blue Rakurosen, Kawasaki TK and a sealless Mugen :')

Not a good collection as far as competing goes. ahaa

BKA

Nice investments tho'.

But yeah, get something "just to play"!

AdamWest

Oozoras definitely going on the Christmas list!
Maybe a Shin Fuji and a TK or two as well.

Thorny

BKA

We just added this specification to the rules:
QuoteFor all tricks, no adjustment may be made to the grip during the trick (unless this is a specific requirement of the trick).

sid13

Was wandering abt the 'around the world' part of the ladders does have to be little cup, big cup, etc or can you start from big cup if ya want?

BKA

Thorny

Quote from: BKA on 16 December, 2012, 19:28:51
Big Cup first is okay if you prefer.

Quite surprised to see you say that!

Sid you cop-out, all 'Around The' tricks begin with small cup, change your bad habits! :P

BKA

Announcing... Cash prizes sponsored by BKA. Additional prizes from Mr Yano of the World Kendama Championships.

BKA will also be trading.