News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Welcome Bejamin and Kaskaderos.

Pre-Dan left handed is quite of a challenge :) AFAIK you can only get one grade officially, but you can have the other one just for yourself, or just go to do the grading with your weak hand.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

sarethums

Hello my name is Sean and I got my first kendama today, its a kendama usa kaizen. Im 25 and live in Glasgow.

BKA

joeO

Hey everyone! My name is Joe O. I'm located in Atlanta, Georgia in the USA.

I started Kendama back in September of 2014 because I went to Japan-Fest(annual  Japanese Festival). KendamaUSA had a booth and I started playing with it and spent the next couple hours glued to the demo kendamas they had to play with.

The Void

Hi Joe, welcome aboard!
What trick are you closest to learning next?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Sqveel

hiya sarethumbs! You're possibly the closest kendama clicker to me that i've not personally introduced to them :)

also, dae ye git sare thumbs fae hittin' them wi' th' kendama?

joeO

Quote from: The Void on 07 January, 2015, 21:53:43
Hi Joe, welcome aboard!
What trick are you closest to learning next?

Thanks! I'm close to learning two tricks at the moment. Lighthouse and Bird. I'm working on nailing my standard lighthouse balance trick. I'm using my knees and getting a better feel to compensate the slight imbalances.

Also, when trying to see how many earth turns I could do, I accidentally did a earth turn to bird. I was so hyped to do that. I was even able to land the spike.

The Void

Ha, accidental tricks are great fun. I think we might have had a thread on that... ah yeah, here:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,639.0.html
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Ravenbsp

Hi All,

I just found this forum and hope that I'll be welcome here.  I've read through most of the posts and this seems like a warm, helpful group.  I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions.

My 10 year old son first got me interested last year (read addicted).  Its always great to find a like minded, interested community.

shalafi

Welcome to the forum Ravenbsp.

Your son is likely to learn much faster than you if he stays interested :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Hi Raven, welcome, of course.
What level are you and your son at, roughly? And are you kendama rivals? ;)

hipattack

Alright. I'm Alex, tall Bristol fellow with colourful hair who turned up to a few Juggling conventions a few years back doing diabolo and (mainly) 3 balls. Not lost the itch, but I have lost the time with a young family; nonetheless Kendama appealed and here I am. Just got a Street today. It is hard.

Hello!

The Void

Hello Alex! Welcome to the forum. I expect I'd probably recognise you if we met. There's a small group developing in Bristol right now. I'm at http://www.jugglingedge.com/club.php?ClubID=4 every Monday (it's closed next week though), and [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]Ash[/user] & [user]Paul_S[/user] all sometimes show up and have a dabble. See you around!

hipattack

Good shout, Void. I may try to drag my buddy Pie up some time. Need to shake off some rust...

AOÄ

Hello everybody! I'm Antti from Turku, Finland and been dabbling with kendama for abou six months now (and stalking the forum for a little bit less). It all started with a minikendama I got as a present from a friend when visiting Japan. I was immediately hooked! I got my first TK-16 from the same trip. At the moment I'm trying to get consistent with the pre-dan ladder (still a long way to go!).

Cheers!