News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink 2017!

Started by Dimensions, 18 January, 2017, 16:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Its_mrdiz

Quote from: Dimensions on 02 March, 2017, 13:46:31
@Niggy
Hmmm... The string slap was fine, but the LH count down seemed a little rushed and your body movement made me question the legitimacy of this. I came to this conclusion: it was only just 3 seconds, and this was acceptable due to your hand not moving despite your body swaying throughout.
My next point of concern was the horizontal earth turns, your first was just within 20 degrees but... your second was spiked at almost 45 degs. above the limit.
I can tell you spent a long time on this trick and I am sorry, but I'm going to have to reject this entry. But I'm sure you can do it again :)

I feel that's a little pedantic. but I guess they're your rules.

I'll be opting out from here on in.

DanieLambert

@Its_mrdiz don't be soft man. Them 4 directions and the slap were hard and the way @Dimensions is seeing it, if a JKA adjudicator won't accept it neither will he. @Niggy don't be lame just do it again like haha the deadline is 7:pm

Dimensions

Apologies for the delay, been quite busy...
@oesterzilla
That was perfect,
Accepted!

Through to Round 5:
@fiddletriks
@The Void
@DanieLambert
@paulsayer
@John
@KenSan
@oesterzilla

Trick 5: Whirlwind Spike > Earth Turn Whirlwind
Keyword: Outlink
Deadline: 11 March, 19:00 GMT

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
I am giving the chance for 3 previous Outlink participants (from this year) to re-join the competition, but here is how it is working:
If you want to get back in for your chance you must:
- Film this round 5 trick twice (doesn't have to be in one take)
- Both videos must be filmed in two different locations, one inside the other outside
- You must be holding an object in your weak hand whilst performing the trick and for each video it must be different
- The first 2 re-entry posters will re-join the competition
- The third re-entry will be judged base off creativity of the two videos by myself
- Please post both videos as one submission

So all these people are eligible to re-enter:
@SkubMosh
@LarsVegas
@rhys_goes_peace
@BenPycroft24
@cello_91
@jakub.zahumensky
@Sonicpearse
@shalafi
@s070s
@Niggy
@mreasyguy
@Maicodama
@johndmc
@Its_mrdiz
@Chunky Nutwhip

GO!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

rhys_goes_peace

Quote from: Dimensions on 03 March, 2017, 19:44:40

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
I am giving the chance for 3 previous Outlink participants (from this year) to re-join the competition, but here is how it is working:
If you want to get back in for your chance you must:
- Film this round 5 trick twice
- Both videos must be in two different locations, one inside the other outside
- You must be holding an object in your weak hand whilst performing the trick and for each video it must be different
- The first 2 re-entry posters will re-join the competition
- The third re-entry will be judged base off creativity of the two videos by myself
- Please post both videos as one submission

So all these people are eligible to re-enter:
@rhys_goes_peace

GO!
Thanks! I'll be trying this out on Saturday. :)
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

Sonicpearse

Thanks Rob - but I'm out due to knee injury - a nightmare for a 'clicker'! It's hard doing most things, let alone kendama! Good luck everyone!
Sonicpearse
Sonicpearse

LarsVegas

I'm out (for the moment). But what did I achieve in round 4:
- String-slap 1-turn Lighthouse + 3sec hold
- Tradespike > Earth-turn backward > Earth-turn forward
- Earth-turn forward > Earth-turn sideways
- Earth-turn sideways reverse
As I only could do normal earth-turn before, I'm quite happy with that. Still, I'm a little bit sad, to quit already in round 4. The difficulty really rises from year to year...

BUT: I'll try hard to get back in - that's a great idea. Again, I can do none of these tricks, so being among the first two is even harder ... I'll have a try ... can't quit now.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

DanieLambert

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

John

Nice one Dan!
I'm awful at whirlwinds. It's going to take me a few days to get this one, I think. Will be totally worthwhile though, always wanted to be more consistent with them - watch this space...

DanieLambert

@Dimensions  thank you doood looking g forward to the next!
@John you can do this. Do what I do, start extremely low and make every movement as dramatic as possible . The most important part is learning how to to hold the ken by the sword keeping your fingers away from the cups, and to practise doing those really slow and high earth turns, once you do then smash a whirle :):) thanks for the encouragement man! I'm keeping my eyes peeled

The Void

I'm fine with rules. They make it clear what's required, everyone singing to the same hymnsheet, and people can decide whether they want to enter or not, based on them. A competition without rules, or with unclear rules, is daft. So, hurray for rules!

But I don't like it when rules change in the middle of a competition. Now I don't know if they'll be going to change again. I guess this new rule was based on Jak's SISI rule, where you could skip one trick.... But that applied to everyone. Will the 7 of us who have got through so far be given a similar lifeline to the one you just offered to everyone else?

Sorry if I sound grumpy, and no offence to the other 15: I do indeed hope you'll all take the chance you've been offered. And I love the have-a-go attitude[nb]Parker Square[/nb] that everyone's displaying in this comp. I'll still carry on doing my best, and trying to get as far as I can, but it's hard enough trying to beat all the excellent players around here, without having to beat some of them twice!  :) Hmmm.

Oh well, so it goes. Onwards....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

Ken flips and whirlies @Dimensions

First T!

And my new ARK T @Maicodama
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Yo.

http://juggling.tv/16332 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

fiddletriks

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*welsh thistle*

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: The Void on 04 March, 2017, 13:40:28
I'm fine with rules. They make it clear what's required, everyone singing to the same hymnsheet, and people can decide whether they want to enter or not, based on them. A competition without rules, or with unclear rules, is daft. So, hurray for rules!

But I don't like it when rules change in the middle of a competition. Now I don't know if they'll be going to change again. I guess this new rule was based on Jak's SISI rule, where you could skip one trick.... But that applied to everyone. Will the 7 of us who have got through so far be given a similar lifeline to the one you just offered to everyone else?

I agree with you. Already the deadline shift felt a bit weird to me. Then the out-of-nowhere second chance came up. In the SISI comp, you had to film all the tricks anyway, in the end. You were just allowed to miss one deadline and then post both vids before the next. That being said, I am a bit unclear, if we need to film round 4 anyway. But I am not submitting round 5 unless I film round 4 as well. That wouldn't feel right. Might have a go tomorrow, plan to film tricks for the EKO tricklist, which we are hoping to make public soon! Driftiiiing awaaaaayyyyyyyyyy from the topic here... Anyway, I kind of have a feeling that Rob was disappointed in how many people got eliminated so early on into the comp, hence the change of rules.. But yeah, his comp, his rules, take 'em or leave 'em. I for one will take a shower now ;) happy clicking everyone! :)