News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Opposite Lunar aka Inward Lunar

Started by MatthewB, 16 August, 2011, 06:57:47

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewB

Don't know if you guys know this kid, but Sam merkel just started making tutorials. He's from WI and is sick... Check out his inward lunar tut-

Greg the Strangler

thanks for posting that inward lunar video! sweet!
January–Kengarden Beginner Champion
May–Kengarden Intermediate Champion
December–Kengarden Advanced Champion

BKA

From the chatroom:
Quotekendamatty [24|Dec 01:47 PM]: opposite lunars for me is all about not swinging up but almost pulling straight up with minimal ken rotation. Looking directly down at the ken and tama, you want the ken to seem almost parallel with the floor upon contact (which should be at the peak of the pull up). from there the natural momentum tilts the ken into the right place. Oh and I always start with big cup at 1 0'clock, good luck!
kendamatty [24|Dec 01:48 PM]:   the intitial pull upwards has such minimal pull forward that it doesn't tilt fast at all
kendamatty [24|Dec 01:50 PM]:   ergo, the tilt beyond parallel occurs for me after tama and cup contact whilst cushioning

The Void

Quote from: BKA on 24 December, 2013, 17:27:23
From the chatroom:
Quotekendamatty [24|Dec 01:47 PM]: opposite lunars for me is all about not swinging up but almost pulling straight up with minimal ken rotation. Looking directly down at the ken and tama, you want the ken to seem almost parallel with the floor upon contact (which should be at the peak of the pull up). from there the natural momentum tilts the ken into the right place. Oh and I always start with big cup at 1 0'clock, good luck!
kendamatty [24|Dec 01:48 PM]:   the intitial pull upwards has such minimal pull forward that it doesn't tilt fast at all
kendamatty [24|Dec 01:50 PM]:   ergo, the tilt beyond parallel occurs for me after tama and cup contact whilst cushioning
I re-read this topic the other day. On Monday night, I decided to have a bash at this, because my Opp Lunars are awful. Well, I managed to land 5, which is loads for me. Thanks @kendamatty !
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!