News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

BKA in Newbury - The Video!

Started by SamB, 27 March, 2012, 11:15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

SamB

Hi all! We shot a few tricks on Sunday in Newbury and I've cut them into a little video, imaginatively named BKA in Newbury :P
Featuring Void, Kendamatty, GbH and myself.
The summer is here!!!

Enjoy!

BKA in Newbury - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Thanks for doing this, Sam. A mellow tune for a mellow day. Nice tricks from all involved. And Matt, the master of K-E-N and D-A-M-A : Backhand double reverse jumping stick!!  :o
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

What a nice mellow edit, oh no this was a great edit.
I love to see you all play togetter, i can't wait till the next one.

@Void, sick cup tap Lighthouse trick
@KendaMatty crazy hanging revers 1,5 turn revers lunar and the Backhand double revers jumping sticks, still Boss.
@GbH sick juggling performance, awesome, i have one words for the spinning continues trick  :o
@Sam i love those Bilbosticks, i know how hard it is with a round ball. and nice combo at 2:40

overall i enjoyed this one very much
thanks

SamB

Thanks for the feedback and sharing Alex!

The bilboquet is Guy's but after playing it I'm definitely going to get one!  and no matter how many times I asked Guy to show me that propeller trick still wrinkles my brain!
I just found out on youtube that because I used some Japanese jazz to soundtrack it it can't be viewed in Japan so I'll upload it elsewhere when I get home and change the OP appropriately.
[nb]My 100th post woop woop![/nb]
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

donald grant

Lovely mellow edit, sorry I couldn't be there (even worse, I was stuck on a Sunday train heading north while you were all basking in the sunshine!)

See you all in a couple of weeks, looking forward to it!

Donald

LarsVegas

@SamB: You've got a nice big bilboquet. Compared to your hand's size, I can tell that it's about what I want. But the bilboquets I find in some vendors' catalogue seem to be smaller. Can you tell me what size it has (ball's diameter, stick length)? And where you bought it?

Thanks

And not to forget: sweet, laid back video - kudos
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

SamB

Quote from: LarsVegas on 27 March, 2012, 20:42:24
@SamB: You've got a nice big bilboquet. Compared to your hand's size, I can tell that it's about what I want. But the bilboquets I find in some vendors' catalogue seem to be smaller. Can you tell me what size it has (ball's diameter, stick length)? And where you bought it?

Like I say it was Guy's. He said he got it in Camden Market in London in a little shop selling wooden toys, which I'm going to have a good root around first chance I can get (and if I can find it)!
It had a sticker on the bottom saying £25 which we all agreed was a bargain.
I guess it's about 50cm tall maybe, ball about the size of a smallish melon but much heavier. Guy may be able to give specifics...

GbH

Quote from: SamB on 27 March, 2012, 21:32:51
Quote from: LarsVegas on 27 March, 2012, 20:42:24

Like I say it was Guy's. He said he got it in Camden Market in London in a little shop selling wooden toys, which I'm going to have a good root around first chance I can get (and if I can find it)!
It had a sticker on the bottom saying £25 which we all agreed was a bargain.
I guess it's about 50cm tall maybe, ball about the size of a smallish melon but much heavier. Guy may be able to give specifics...

Yes - what Same said.  It came from the game/puzzle shop in Camden, as did another smaller one that I got at another time.  I've been in the same shop on other occasions, though, and found none in there at all, so I think it's just luck as to what they might have in there.  I guess you could always ask, though...

LarsVegas

Sam and Guy, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the shop's a bit far away for me. I suppose I have to continue my search.
The problem is, that I had a wonderful bilboquet but can't find it anymore. And I even can't remember the size. In my memory it is bigger than the 18cm height type you can find everywhere.

But if I ever make it to Camden Market, I'll give it a try.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Damadude

The video can`t be watched in Japan.
Could anyone reupload it on juggle TV or vimeo please?
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de

Kendama Europe

@ Basti:  just write www.ss and then the adress.
now you get to a page where you can get it,.....
Kendama production and shop since 2008 at
https://www.kendama.de/en

Kendama - easy to learn, hard to master

BKA

Now also on JTV. (See first post).

SamB

Quick bilbo follow up: I found the shop, tiny place called Village Games. They have a bunch of cool stuff and the lady remembered having a bilboquet but sadly had no more. I reckon it was just a lucky find.

GbH

Quote from: SamB on 28 March, 2012, 16:18:37
Quick bilbo follow up: I found the shop, tiny place called Village Games. They have a bunch of cool stuff and the lady remembered having a bilboquet but sadly had no more. I reckon it was just a lucky find.

Maybe, if you've mentioned it, they'll get more in at some stage.  As I said previously, I've had two different ones from that shop, bought at different times (thinking about it, it was a little while back...).  I guess that if you're ever in the area, it'll always be worth checking to see if any more have turned up.

Damadude

Quote from: Kendama Europe on 28 March, 2012, 09:53:39
@ Basti:  just write www.ss and then the adress.
now you get to a page where you can get it,.....

Thx for the tip.

Very nice video. There are a couple of nice new ideas in it. Especially the juggle part looks pretty nice.
Matts skill was proved once again, too  ;)
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de