News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Sweets focus solid color vs stained?

Started by Dopesauce, 08 February, 2014, 22:15:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Dopesauce

Hey guys I am new to this forum and about 2 months into kendamas. I saw the sweets new line of Focus and thought they looked really sick so I plan on getting one, however, I have no experience with a non-painted ball so idk how the stained one would play compared to the solid color ones. I currently have a red ozora if that helps at all. Also sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this I just wanted to post this real quick so I could order mine before tonight. Thanks!

swaydama

i just ordered the coral focus. the colors on the new focus line looks sick. i was surfing around on instagram and people were saying they play like ozoras. cant go wrong!
Dama since Oct. 2013
Dancer at heart

The Void

I don't have any direct experience of the stained Sweets, but the general consensus with wood tamas is that they take quite a while to wear in, but end up being really nice. I might recommend going for the painted one... but then if you want to try something a bit different, then, hey, why not? Go for whichever you like the look of better. Cheers!

PS Welcome to the forum! :D
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dopesauce

alright, thanks a lot guys! Man too many nice colors to choose from. I am probably going to go for a solid color one right now.

Another quick question, anybody have any experience with the premium orange ozoras? I've been wanting to pick one of those up too.

swaydama

premium orange ozora is amazing. takes a little while to break in that paint but it plays great! never go wrong with ozoras, especially the premium sticks.
Dama since Oct. 2013
Dancer at heart