News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

donald grant

The new string provides again: lighthouse to yanking down! :)

The Void

Just remembered I got a Spacewalk~Lunar yesterday. Not done many of those before, if any. And today I had a quick play of Outlink #13. Just about got it, but not smoothly.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Quote from: donald grant on 16 April, 2016, 21:30:18
The new string provides again: lighthouse to yanking down! :)

Nice one Donald! I was racing Kentaro yesterday to Spike > Inward Whirlwind Fast Hand Stab, ended up with the yank version of that!

Oh, and I almost forgot, caught the very shy Small Bird > Revolver (Centrifuge) Small Bird > Turn In on camera. I've landed the trick several times and had when it's come to filming it, I've never been able to do it. Until now!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Neat. I had a bash at KCC33 today....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Nicely done, Milky!  Little session at the beach today: one turn fingertip lighthouse, flip to knuckle lighthouse, flip to lighthouse, falling down was a weird one :)  Also hit a never-to-be-repeated yank aeroplane, turnover, yank spike...!

shalafi

Today I did some experiments with the slow motion mode of my phone, the swirls look nice. Now I need to land some juggles or whirlwinds to see how they look.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Jedi_man

...I got my first handle stall!  ;D
Using a sweets green cushion on a krom red oak ken.

The Void

Nice work, man! They feel good, huh? Perched on the clifftop like that, one twitch away from plummetting down into oblivion... :D

Jedi_man

Quote from: The Void on 21 April, 2016, 10:40:45
Nice work, man! They feel good, huh? Perched on the clifftop like that, one twitch away from plummetting down into oblivion... :D
I know right? I was in shock for like 5 seconds when I got it! :) Then I spiked it. Bonus!

The Void

The Void

The Void

shalafi

yesterday I did a few tricks trying out the slow-motion camera, nothing special, some whirlwinds and turntables.

Very useful to check your body posture, movement and find places on where to improve.

I might do a simple edit with the tricks, just for fun, as soon as I finish the edit for the IKO, which I haven't been able to complete in a week :(
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

The Void

Today at the juggling cub, I kept hitting all the tricks I idly thought of trying. Should be enough for a short video, maybe tomorrow....