News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Any good? Not too sure on the start.
Endless Combo 139 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Edit: huh, weird, it didn't cut. Oh well, skip to about 20 secs in
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

@The Void just for some name clarifications: I called 138 "Static Leg Chop" as the end position is as if you have just 'chopped' with your leg and thye static part as its the ball which moves and not your leg - unlike a standard chop.
139: A nanchuku aeroplane is just the last move of the sequence so I called it "Nanchuku exchanges [plural, obviously] to nanchuku aeroplane".

There is a prize of a Royal Kendama for one random participant between tricks 126-150.
Currently in the draw: The Void, KenSan, Peat, mreasyguy, BenPycroft24, shalafi, nemo, SamB, s070s, Dimensions

Next trick is:
140. [from Aeroplane] > Tap Back Jumping Stick
- Throw The ken 90°
- Tap the end of the ken so it rotates in the opposite direction (450°)
- Catch the ken back in aeroplane

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

SamB, s070s, shalafi, The Void & Dimensons must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!

The Void

@Dimensions Re 138, fine, sensible.
Re 139, I was going to set "Nanchuku Aeroplane" and went to find Cima's video as the demo. I was surprised that I hadn't remembered the exchanges were part of the trick, so I set "the trick in the video", i.e. Nanchuku Aeroplane. But after reading your comment, I went back to look at Cima's entry in Click, and that doesn't include the exchanges! So he's contradicted himself! Ha ha. So, errr, okay, fine! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Cool,
I was actually going by the EKO trick for 139

KenSan

I probably should have waited but I couldn't help myself :) Here you go @Dimensions any good?

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Dimensions

KenSan

Ha ha. Cheers @Dimensions I got a bit carried away with that stare. I was brewing a cup of tea and hadn't expected to land the trick again that quick once I started filming.

Anyway, keeping with the tap theme, how about for the next trick a Double jumping stick! But instead of the regular way, throw the ken straight up out of the tama and tap the spike to get the double rotation!

Dimensions

There is a prize of a Royal Kendama for one random participant between tricks 126-150.
Currently in the draw: The Void, KenSan, Peat, mreasyguy, BenPycroft24, shalafi, nemo, SamB, s070s, Dimensions

Next trick is:
141. [from Aeroplane] > Spike-Tapped Double Jumping Stick
- Launch the ken straight - no rotation
- Tap the spike
- Let the ken spin twice
- Catch the ken back in the tama

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

s070s, shalafi, The Void, Dimensons & KenSan must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

KenSan

Nicely done @the milky oolong accepted.

the milky oolong

Great! By the way, your face on landing the penultimate trick was absolutely priceless!

Ok, next trick, if I may be so bold:

loaded Tama grip > Jumping Stick [interrupt Captain Hook] Reverse Build the Lighthouse:

Throw the ken as per Jumping Stick.
When the Big Cup comes around, interrupt the spin with your index finger, rotating the opposite way to the ken's Jumping Stick rotation.
Release and catch in Lighthouse, as per Reverse Build the Lightouse/ Reverse 1-Turn  Lighthouse.
Hold for 3 seconds.
No rest between interrupt and direction reverse should be necessary, the whole motion can be done fluidly with a bit of practise.
Kendama Berlin

LarsVegas

Well done - I had to slow down Youtube to 25% to see what you're doing.

About your trick, one question: in loaded tama grip - which cup does point towards you? Does it matter? (well of course it does, but what would you accept?)
One more: And how do you interrupt? Push the ken? Or the cup?
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Quote from: LarsVegas on 27 January, 2016, 22:34:27And how do you interrupt? Push the ken? Or the cup?
Interrupt with a Captain Hook. I know you know what that is, so I don't understand what you don't understand...?
If anyone else reading this doesn't know what a Captain Hook is, search the forum or read my books. :-)

the milky oolong

Quote from: LarsVegas on 27 January, 2016, 22:34:27
Well done - I had to slow down Youtube to 25% to see what you're doing.

About your trick, one question: in loaded tama grip - which cup does point towards you? Does it matter? (well of course it does, but what would you accept?)
One more: And how do you interrupt? Push the ken? Or the cup?

In loaded Tama grip, the small cup should be facing you, as if you have just landed a properly-executed Airplane.

You 'interrupt' the motion of the Jumping Stick roughly half-way, by catching the ken in Captain Hook and changing the direction of the spin to sort of 'Reverse Build the Lighthouse'. There is no easier way I can say this, and I don't really feel it requires a demo, but will upload one if @Dimensions  or BKA says I should.

So, again, launch ken from Tama, small cup facing you.
When the big cup comes around, use your index finger to hook under the big cup (known as Captain Hook, popularized by Donald Grant).
Rotate finger in opposite direction to the direction of the ken.
Release ken and catch in Lighthouse (the ken will have travelled as per any Reverse Lighthouse trick.

Hope this helps!
Kendama Berlin