News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

C whip help

Started by Dimensions, 28 December, 2012, 09:27:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

I got the kendamapp the other day and I was having a quick skim thought the book sneak peaks.
I then saw a trick I hadn't even noticed on the tricks called a "C whip" and I thought to myself "this can't be difficult, I can easily do a C whip on a diabolo" so I watched the videos and noticed how easily the void made it look, so I tried and tried and tried and I could never do it (I flunked it once but could never get I since!)

Can anyone help me!!!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Sorry for making it look easy! ;P
Actually, it really is just the same as the diabolo trick, in essence. One thing to look out for is to make sure the ken has just started rising, thus taking the tension off the string, before starting the whip. (Although it is really only very fractionally before.) Apart from that, it's a matter of practice to get the timing right, I'm afraid.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

Thought a spurt of life is what this thread needs considering the impending bko! I am dieing a slow death trying to learn this thorn in my side..

Coming from a very non juggling / diablo background,  I find string control very difficult!  Therefore, anyone want to do a super slow mo video to help me see exactly what goes on? There is some damn nice praise in it from me if you do :-)

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Freaky timing!
Matt, JTV's Flash player has an "HD" and a "slo-mo" button. So you can slo-mo the slo-mo on
BKO 2014 Advanced Tricklist - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv (#23 from 8m32s)
Or use the download button and play it back frame by frame.

I learned all my early "hard" tricks by copying the precise body movements/timing of the Japanese players from 320x240 vids.
Just sayin'... ;)

kendamatty

Thanks for the tips void!