News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Open 2012

Started by BKA, 10 February, 2012, 16:33:23

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Advanced tricklist is out. Video to follow very soon.

Listed, with printable tricklist, at:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/EKO2012.html

shalafi

Is ti just me or the difficulty of the ladders keeps increasing with each competition?

Its going to be fun to watch, but hard to compete :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

Holy moley thats a tough looking list. Long too! Pushing the standard ay?
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

BKA

ChrisD

Awesome skills and lots of interesting tricks1.  Wish I could get to Lublin to see this.  Maybe one day I'll even be able to do some of the tricks too!?

Chris

1Plus bonus of the acclaimed characterisation from Serious  ;)

shalafi

scoop big cup and whirliwind big cup are not THAT difficult, some others are quite insane

BKA

Quote from: SamB on 27 February, 2012, 17:00:52Holy moley thats a tough looking list. Long too! Pushing the standard ay?
etc etc
The standard is rising irrespective of us. Which is a good thing. But yes, we should reflect that, whilst retaining things at a reachable level. Everything up to quarter final is definitely reachable. As for the Semi & Final tricks... only 4 people will even have to attempt those.

The fact that it is a longer list does not mean anyone will have to do more tricks in the competition. Remember, it's not a Ladder, it's random draw. More tricks means more variety for the audience. Okay, a few more tricks for the players to learn too, but most of them are familiar by now anyway.
QuoteYou may not like it now but you will - Adam and the Ants
Everybody now has 5 months to learn to love this list. :) 5 or 10 minutes practice a day goes a very long way.

Mirek

Nice ladder, finally something that pushes me to learn new tricks.  8)

shalafi

In case I was not clear, new tricks are good, it helps (at least me) focus on practicing new stuff

I am getting self-certified pre-dan quite regularly now as well.

KendaMushroom

Cool Void.

man what a tricklist...I think this time I'm not gonna wait a week before to look at it. The japanese players are gonna have fun with that one too ahhaha

SamB

I did the sums and bit the bullet. Flights booked. Poland here I come!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

ChrisD

Have a tuneful flight Void, from Munich F.J. Strauss to Warsaw Frederic Chopin!

(Why am I reading someone else's itinerary, to a convention I'm not going to1?)

Chris

1 not jealous at all, oh no.

The Void

:) I'll make sure I have a waltz or 2 on my iPod when I go!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Damadude

Quote from: KendaMushroom on 04 March, 2012, 10:54:58
man what a tricklist...I think this time I'm not gonna wait a week before to look at it. The japanese players are gonna have fun with that one too ahhaha

The Japanese are already practicing. No bad "bat" suprises this year  ;)
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de