News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

E.K.O. 2015 + Kendama Camp - Leeds, UK

Started by BKA, 01 December, 2014, 11:22:13

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

That's a very good reason for not coming, Cima! :-) We will all miss you.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: K.Cima on 12 January, 2015, 14:48:43
Kendama camp sounds so much fun. I'd love to participate. But, the expected date of birth of our first baby will be August, too.
So, I decided not to come this year. I'd like to come to Europe again next year. Have a good time for me!
That's the same reason why I skipped EKO 2013 ;-)
We will miss you, but I can tell you that you won't regret not coming.

Also, Kendama teaches a very valuable lesson for dealing with kids: Patience.
And, the eye-hand coordination usually comes in handy every now and them.

Congratulations again!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

K.Cima

Thank you for your understanding. I will miss you too!
Now I have a new dream playing kendama with my child someday.

BKA

Kendama Camp registration is open. Only requires a £5 deposit for now, so if you're 90% sure of coming, please register!
We're doing a site visit tomorrow to make sure everything's going to be extra great!
http://kendama.co.uk/EKO2015-camp.html

Thanks [user]Craftybuddy[/user] for the Japanese translations. :)

BKA

QuoteMarcel Chw: what does "Please find your own accommodation in Leeds for the evenings of 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th of August, etc." mean exactly? i thought we were sleeping in tents or so.. "I want to come to kendama camp and I will bring a tent to sleep in."

British Kendama: Kendama camp is 11-14th, covering 3 nights. You'll need to book a hotel or hostel for other nights.

Marcel Chw: Oh okay! So the time of EKO is what i have to Cover?

In case anyone else is confused:

We leave from Leeds for Kendama Camp at ~ lunchtime on Tuesday 11th August.
We return from Kendama Camp to Leeds at ~ lunchtime on Friday 14th August.
E.K.O. competition day is August 15th.

So, you will need to arrive in Leeds on Monday August 10th (or earlier). You will need to book your own hotel room in Leeds for Monday 10th, and Friday 14th/Saturday 15th (and days earlier/later than this, depending on when you travel). Camping accommodation is included (but bring your own tent!) in the Kendama Camp registration for the nights of 11,12,13th August.

shalafi

Any recommended Hotel / hostel / inn nearby the EKO venue that might be joined by fellow kendammers?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Added to the first post:
The main competition day is August 15th, and if you can only come to that, then that's completely fine. But we hope plenty of people will be able to come along to the extra days of fun in the week preceeding.

mlarinen

Where in Leeds will the EKO take place? I am not a fan of public transports and would like to find accomodation nearby.

The Void

We are in the process of confirming our booking of the EKO venue, which will be a short train ride, or a bus ride, outside of Leeds. If you are *only* coming to the EKO day, then getting accommodation nearby makes sense. But on the day before and the day after, we are much more likely to be meeting more centrally to Leeds (a park, perhaps, and maybe a meal together). So if you are staying for longer than a day, then a hotel in Leeds would probably be better.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

We've got 2 announcements about Kendama Camp.

1. We are limited to 40 people only. So register to reserve your place!

2. We are very excited to announce that for the last night of Kendama Camp, we will have a live performance from The Scaramanga Six. If you don't know them, check out the mighty Rock Band From Yorkshire Who Torture on their bandcamp page, or scope out this video:

cello_91

this maybe a stupid question.. but if i arrive early in the morning on the 10th i could still catch the bus to leeds right?

or will there be any action on the 9th ^-^

BKA

You mean the bus from the (Leeds/Bradford) airport?
The timetable isn't available for August yet, but here's a screenshot of times for an early Monday morning in May.

No doubt some people will arrive on the 9th, so we'll make a plan to meet if so. It may depend on times, and various people's hotel locations though, so.... nothing confirmed for the 9th yet.

the milky oolong

All sounds very exciting. Until I hear from Marc Wibbels ([user]KendamaEurope[/user]) I can't really reserve, as I think we'll be coming as a crew again. The Scaramanga Six - really original, heard them namedrop Tim Smith of Cardiacs on a weird 'at gunpoint' press release (some of the most disturbing and rewarding music I've ever heard: ). You've been using their music and been to see them a few times, [user]Void[/user]; do any of them slay the 'dama too?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

I did give one to Steve once, but I'm not sure if he's used it much.

cello_91

so we are leaving for the kendama camp on the 11th ? did this change or am i making this up ? ;D

If this i true i guess i will arrive on the 10th in the evening.. somehow my flights on the 9th are crazy expensive..  :(