News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

E.K.O. 2015 + Kendama Camp - Leeds, UK

Started by BKA, 01 December, 2014, 11:22:13

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Yep, going to the camp on the 11th. No, it hasn't changed.
See you on the 10th evening or 11th morning!

cello_91

cello_91

the flight is booked - i'll arrive at 21:30  :) ;D

shalafi

I know the tricks are recorded and under selection... when are we going to know the list? Quite curious about the tricks actually.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Just saying...

Is there a recommended place to sleep where more people will stay / jam?

The Void

Actually, I haven't booked anywhere for myself yet! Been too busy...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 28 April, 2015, 15:42:49
Actually, I haven't booked anywhere for myself yet! Been too busy...
I went through booking.com and found it hard to get anything under 50 EUR / night and that was 3Km away from the train station.
Anyway, it is a free to cancel booking, in case it is too far away or something.

We don't have a map with the location of the venue, do we?

BKA

Competition day is at LS29 6AE. (Short train ride out of Leeds).

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 13 April, 2015, 10:17:11I know the tricks are recorded and under selection... when are we going to know the list? Quite curious about the tricks actually.
Next week.

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 13 April, 2015, 10:17:11I know the tricks are recorded and under selection... when are we going to know the list? Quite curious about the tricks actually.
Now. (Mostly.)
Quote from: shalafi on 28 April, 2015, 16:24:16We don't have a map with the location of the venue, do we?
Yes. http://www.kendama.co.uk/EKO2015-travel.html

shalafi

As it happens, it is quite close to the airport and I rather go straight there than to Leeds first ;-)

Maybe other players are in the same situation.

shalafi

Nice tricks, good to see some IKO Tricks in there.

I can do many of the QF tricks quite consistently, but still I may step down to advanced and let the real pros play the pro division. In fact the advisory level guide for Advanced fits exactly where I'm now.

BKA

shalafi

I was expecting something in the lines of the Speed Trick B, given that it is for up to Dan 2 players.

While I can do all the tricks, I don't think I can do them in less than 5 minutes. Specially the first one, you could not have split it into 2 tricks, you had to put them together :-P

Time to practice the spacewalk, BFOtV and tap-in, all the others I have them more consistent.

Dimensions

First off, I would like to say that I love the diversity and creativity of these tricks, but I have a few questions

Loaded Kickup: Does the ken have to rise a certain height? Because I tend to catch the ken really low down (sometimes below knee level) and it just seems like cheating.

Index Balance > Regrip: I'm assuming that the Regrip is back to base grip and you can't throw and catch in to ken

Rotary swing: does it have to rotate 720°? or is that a minimum, I'm asking because I prefer  to do three rotations instead

Candle String Pull The world: does each pull back have a limit on how far the string has to be pulled back, before it is caught on a cup again?

Moshikame > pirouette: Will we have to use our own stringless kendama or will we be given one during the competition? If we have to use our own, does it have to be BKA approved?

Backhand earth turn: Does the tama have to be stabbed? Or can it just be backhand?

Lifted lunar: when I do this trick the ken sometimes rotates  in to an opposite lunar wp during the transition, is this OK? Or does the lunar have to be facing forward?

Thanks
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6