News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]SweetsKendamas[/user] & [user]KendAlex[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is
66. [Weak hand] Aeroplane position > Juggle to [Strong Hand] Candle.
a) Throw the ken out of the tama with one spin.
b) Before you catch the ken, throw the tama.
c) Catch the ken in Candle Grip.
d) Catch the tama in the Base Cup.

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw. [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]SweetsKendamas[/user], [user]KendAlex[/user] & [user]joris.schweppe[/user] must sit out round 66.
Good luck everyone!

shalafi

How strict are we in the catch? Are we allowed to grab the spike and have one finger in one of the cups?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

joris.schweppe

I'm not realy strict, if you put one finger on the cup and the rest on the candle grip its oke :) . but still the original trick is trow to candle grip so I prefer to see all fingers on the candle ;)

shalafi

Ok, I've made this one today. Let me know if you like it.

The Grip is quite terrible, so I won't be surprised if you don't like it :) (I've done better off camera)

I did not had time to try it longer, but if it is not good, I can try again over the weekend.

Endless Combo #66 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

joris.schweppe

I would like to see it a little bit better sorry, its to much on the cups.   

but you can do this  :) I realy like to see you do it perfect. I will wait for it!

shalafi

No problem, I did have a couple of good caches off camera :)

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 21 February, 2014, 10:50:09No problem, I did have a couple of good caches off camera :)
Never practice off camera! :)

shalafi

BKA

Hi Mr. Tiller, welcome to the forum!
Trick looks good to us, but to stick by the rules, we'll just have to wait for joris to confirm it's okay with him.
Then hopefully you can set the next trick for everyone else.
Cheers!

joris.schweppe

Mr. Tiller

Next trick is
67. Candlestick(Strong hand) > Switch-grip to Airplane(Weak hand).

a. Hold in Candlestick stance with (strong hand) .
  b. Flip ken single turn (like jumping-stick).
  c. Catch the tama with (weak hand).
  d. Catch the ken like Airplane. ;)

Sonicpearse

Tricky one Mr Tiller! I'll be giving it a crack this evening...
Sonicpearse

shalafi

It sounds more like a hand-swap jumping stick than airplane, I don't see the ken swinging in the description.

BKA

Nice one Mr. Tiller!
Quote from: shalafi on 25 February, 2014, 09:45:46It sounds more like a hand-swap jumping stick than airplane, I don't see the ken swinging in the description.
I think "b" covers the ken swinging. If it was all done from the strong hand, it would be a "Fast Hand Aeroplane". With the Handswap, I think we can call it a Fast Handswap Aeroplane.

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]SweetsKendamas[/user], [user]KendAlex[/user] & [user]Mr. Tiller[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is
67. Candlestick (Strong hand) > Fast Handswap Aeroplane
  a. Hold in Candlestick stance with (strong hand) .
  b. Flip ken single turn (like jumping-stick).
  c. Catch the tama with (weak hand).
  d. Catch the ken like Airplane. ;)

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw. [user]Kev[/user], [user]SweetsKendamas[/user], [user]KendAlex[/user], [user]joris.schweppe[/user] & [user]Mr. Tiller[/user] must sit out round 67.
Good luck everyone!