News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Hole on cups too small?

Started by axel.aas.12, 18 March, 2014, 20:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

axel.aas.12

So I decided to restring one of my kendamas so I snipped the string, and I put the string through the ken as normal. However, when I got to the cups, I could not get the string through. The hole is far too small. Ive tried many different methods. Should I try making the hole wider? what can I do to get my kendama strung?
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

BKA

Get a beading needle from your local haberdashery store. The hole should be the right size - after all, they got the string through it in the first place. Only if you *really* need to hollow it out, then do so with restraint.

sunnyD

Hi Alex (just a guess), cutting that string is always a big moment - no going back.
Holes ar best left Original, anything bigger is going to weaken the part.
Some zero cost options that can get you out of a tight corner: use a loop of fishing line OR the extra bit of guitar string (top E, not the big one silly) that tends to dangle of the top of acoustics OR blue dental floss loop (RITE-AID in the USA).
On a tropical beach and absolutely stuck for string? Try dental floss or 1mm pure silk (great for smooth hand rolls we hear)

'Dama