News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Someone else was going to start this thread, but I've forgotten who. They didn't, so now I have. :-)

Everyone gets excited about getting new toys, so here's a thread for sharing pics of your new goodies!

I'll start. Krom metallic blue.

So, what's new on your shelves, guys?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

The Void

I've had this for a while now, but The General is getting a little war torn, so it's time to recruit a new soldier to the Dan Academy.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mreasyguy

I've had a few Kendama's turn up n the past week or two, first delivery was these 5:

And with my return from Munich had this sexy little number waiting for me:

mreasyguy

Ok I may end up filling this thread up haha! New arrivals fresh today, A grape drank chapagne ken and murder stove from the man himself, Mrsourmash:

johndmc

Quote from: mreasyguy on 05 February, 2014, 18:03:54
Ok I may end up filling this thread up haha! New arrivals fresh today, A grape drank chapagne ken and murder stove from the man himself, Mrsourmash:

ooh a cuber!! Its another of my obsessions!  8)
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

BKA

We just got (courtesy of [user]landor[/user] - thanks!) a few nice velvet pouches to give away.... to BKA members. How about one as a second place prize for #Outlink?

BKA

These have shown up at the office too. They'll be travelling around looking for friends to be photographed with.

theobau

Quote from: BKA on 06 February, 2014, 15:17:09
We just got (courtesy of [user]landor[/user] - thanks!) a few nice velvet pouches to give away.... to BKA members. How about one as a second place prize for #Outlink?

that would be a really nice 2nd prize!

shalafi

I just got this on the mail this morning. It is my new everyday kendama.

It looks great, I wanted to try the new Play for a long time.

I noticed that the sarado is a higher than for my other kendamas (Ozora, TK16 & Sunrise) (and therefore, the spike shorter) maybe because the hole is too small. Is this normal?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Sara-dos tend to gently slip down with use. It's likely that your other 3 kendamas all started off with their sara-dos a little higher, but have each slipped down a little with age. (Everyone sags a bit with age ;) ) Enjoy the nice Jumping Sticks and Earth Turns of your new Play!

shalafi

Maybe you are right, although I think the last Ozora did have it a bit lower, but it is true that all my other kendamas have been extensively used :)

I can confirm that birds work really well with it :) Will go and practice Speed Trick B later on today.

Dimensions

After a very wet walk him today, these cheered me up...
I got a Blue w/ grey stained ken aTack
And a swamp moster Voodama
Both from sweets

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

LarsVegas

Actually, I didn't need anything right now. But I was in Osaka last week and just had to check the shops. The choice was very poor, just a few Ozoras and TK16s (Yodobashi Camera). But at only 12,- EUR for an Ozora, I had to buy one. I didn't have a red one so far ...
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi