News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

BKO 2016 - Bristol

Started by BKA, 13 December, 2015, 16:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Quote from: mreasyguy on 29 January, 2016, 20:17:52Some of those go against all kinds of "normal" mind, like flat juggle?! that just made my hand confused relearning a juggle, same goes for the bird no spin lighthouse (bird fast-hand lighthouse?)Love it!
My hands were a bit reluctant to play along too! :) (Although I do "flats" with juggling clubs. Feels a bit different with a ken....)
Have fun with 'em!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

@BKA regarding the competition levels beginner, intermediate and advanced. You obviously have guide lines for what level of player should enter each division. But quite a few players will have no grading so do you ever say to any participants that you think they should enter a certain (next division up) division judging by what you've seen them do?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

BKA

If asked, yes. Or we might give a suggested level. But it is up to the player. If a player is quite nervous, and it's their first competition, then perhaps they might want to go for beginner, even if their skill level suggests they might go higher. That is allowed, but... let your conscience be your guide. And in any case, there is the rule that if you win, you must move up a division, so you can't be a "repeat offender". Also, even if you have no official grading, you can always self-certify to give yourself an idea of your level.

KenSan

BKA

Time to do some shout-out reminder/encouragements!
@Bozzy @jordanfung @Thorny @Efect @Kernow Kendama @KenDogma @danielc @Tsari @BenBenVx @Diggthisskendama @AdamWest @matias.marquezblanc @Jak @BigKidJim @Kingi @KrisWhyte

Put the date in your diary!
If you want to/can come - start making a plan!
If you don't want to/can't come - okay, sorry.
BUT.... No "oh I didn't realise it was that weekend" excuses please! :)

http://kendama.co.uk/bko

KrisWhyte

Its been a while, but im still suffering from the bko 2014 blues! I think im going to try and come to this one.. :D
- SKO 2013 Int. 1st, SKO 2013 Best Trick
-BKO 2014 Adv. 3rd, BKO 2014 2nd Best Trick

BKA

Hope you can make it, Kris!

BKA

^
|
| UPDATE: See first post. Prize news!

Happy Friday.

KenSan

That is a very generous prize @BKA

BKA

Yes, @KenSan . This one is courtesy of Mr Yano of the J.K.A. We've been trying to give it away for a while now, but someone will definitely win it at the B.K.O. this year!

shalafi

The raffle is a great idea. I hope it helps bringing more people to the BKO
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Update! Saturday details.
See (updated) first post in the thread.

Rich

Definitely gonna be there! I think i can speak for Will as well and say he'll be down. Also my girlfriend will be coming too and entering beginner, as well as taking photos! Looking forward to that Mugen raffle as well!

Everyone undecided, it's worth it just for a trip to our fair city! Plus there'll be kendamas!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

I feel that was too many exclamation marks......  :D

SamB

I'll be there for sure! I'm actually going to practice some freestyle this time too!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Great to hear that from both of you, @Rich and @SamB !
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!