News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2015: 2/3rd May, West London

Started by BKA, 23 October, 2014, 11:55:11

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

I love the bizarreness of the trick selection. Void never ceases to amuse me with exotic tricks.

That said, I'm surprised I am fairly consistent on one of the final tricks, and terrible on a lot of earlier / easier tricks.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dimensions

A quick question on the moshikame > spike trick, can we stab or does it have to be below the horizontal?

Thanks
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Quote from: Dimensions on 23 December, 2014, 17:46:10A quick question on the moshikame > spike trick, can we stab or does it have to be below the horizontal?
Stab or Spike. Either is okay.

mreasyguy

Nice selection of different tricks here, liking it  ;D

Quick question though, with Airplane>Breakaway Trapeze is the trapeze cup specific? During practice I tend to land on the small cup more often than not.

BKA

Quote from: mreasyguy on 23 December, 2014, 22:36:42Quick question though, with Airplane>Breakaway Trapeze is the trapeze cup specific? During practice I tend to land on the small cup more often than not.
Either side of the cross-piece is fine.

HansNickmans

Bought my train tickets! I will be there!

Are there people lodging nearby and have any tips on where to stay? It could be interesting to have dama-players in the same hotel/hostel.

Now to practice!
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Yay Hans!
Actually, I must sort out my own accommodation plans too....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

Kev

Ooh. I didn't think the BKO was going to be possible for me but it seems the planets are aligning a little better at least. Still not a certainty - but certainly more likely! I hope I can make it, was sooo much fun last year!

BKA

Fingers crossed for you, Kev!

Less than 2 months away now, folks! Get your click on!

KrisWhyte

going to have to pay for travel/accomodation off of this months wage... so i need my plans solid! wheres everyone staying?
- SKO 2013 Int. 1st, SKO 2013 Best Trick
-BKO 2014 Adv. 3rd, BKO 2014 2nd Best Trick

The Void

Hans and I are staying in a B&B in Sunbury, around 3 miles west. (It's fully booked now.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

Dimensions

I'm booked in here:

It's very close to the park and about an hours walk to the hall on day 2, but not too bad if you have wheels
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

KenDogma

Flights booked!

BKO nicely coincides with a couple of London reunions.

It's likely that I'll only be around for the Sunday. This time I'll be stepping up to the intermediate category.

Looking forward to meeting new faces :D