News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2015: 2/3rd May, West London

Started by BKA, 23 October, 2014, 11:55:11

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

Well, I decided to take a express day trip.

Is anyone else going from Heathrow by any chance? We may be able to take a taxi together and save time and money compared to the bus / train.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Maicodama

Everything is booked! staying in Warrick Lodge in Surbiton so nice and close. Buzzed already!
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

shalafi

Now, questions about the tricks.

For one-eye. Are we allowed to use a patch, or must we cover the eye with the hand? It is quite uncomfortable when you wear glasses...
For kneeling liberty candle: The catch must be above the head. That means the ball must be above the head or the tip of the spike must be above the head?
For prying spike: Only the middle finger can touch the sara-do, but can it not touch it? I find the spot when only my middle finger touches it to be very small.

Oh, and as I said, I can judge the Dan Jam, not really into competing on it.

BUT I may want to enter 7toSpike.

Edit for another question: Will any shop be there? I am open for some trades. I'll open one thread on the Trades section.

BKA

Any eye-covering method will be accepted, as long as complete opacity is ensured.

The catch happens on the base cup.

Middle finger must touch the sara-do. Opposite index & ring fingers should touch each other's finger pads, underneath the sara-do.

Thanks for Dan Jam judging, you're hired!

BKA will be trading, hoping to get a nice range in for it.

BKA

Nice hype, Dimensions.

Right then, exactly 1 month to go! Time to up your practice levels, people!

Great to hear from all those who have committed so far. So, who else is coming? Let's hear your shouts!: @Thorny @SamB @Jak @kendamatty @Emma @Harrydh3 @jordanfung @Bozzy @BenBenVx @BenPycroft24 @Kev @Efect @Victor @danielc @LSARTWORK @Rich @Will T @MisterJumpshoe @AdamWest @KendAlex @Topper @orinoco @KenSan @johndmc @SAW @rawr @ian @Ian F @NothingPersonalIfWeMissedYouOutSoShoutOutAnyway

Will the new acolytes come in strong? Will Thorny retain, will Rob revenge, will Matt return, will Will will a win, will Trickers triumph? What surprises will be sprung? Who will hate and who will laugh at the Joker?

And, who likes pizza?

MisterJumpshoe

Music Has the Right to Children

kayadama

Ive only just reliased this is next month. I have no idea why but i really thought it was happening this weekend haha. Maybe i can convience a few people to make the trip ;)

BenBenVx

OH boy!!  only a month away!! cant wait to jam with all you guys and compete at inter level.. The GT will be making and appearance and helping me take home some wins ;]

p.s. I LOVE Pizza!! who doesn't???

shalafi

Quote from: BKA on 02 April, 2015, 19:36:21
And, who likes pizza?
I do! Is there anyone that doesn't?

Thanks for the trick clarifications!

KendAlex

sorry guys i can't come,
maybe next year

i even will pass the EKO too :(
i wish everyone a nice kendama Summer

(my mind is somewere els for a while now)

Dimensions

No EKO? You will be missed Alex.
Can I ask why you will miss it?
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6