News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The [insert your favourite winter festival here] Kendama Photo Competition!

Started by Kev, 30 November, 2013, 18:27:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Whether you're celebrating Christmas, Yule, Winter solstice, Newtonmas, Festivus or something completely different - this time of year means something special to a lot of people.

Some say it's the season to be jolly and with this in mind I've decided to give away a brand new Ozora BKA / JKA competition approved kendama - for free - to the winner of the competition!

All you have to do is post a photo in this thread of something kendama and winter related that means a lot to you.

Rules:

- One entry per person.
- Must be a photo.
- Must contain something relating to kendama or kendama play.
- Must show off something that sums up this time of year for you.

Please note:
I need to see 4 entries or more for the competition to run.

To enter 'The [insert your favourite winter festival here] Kendama Photo Competition':

Simply post your photos into this thread!

The last chance to enter is Midnight GMT 31st December 2013.

The winner will be picked at random from all entries on 1st Jan 2014 then announced on this thread.

Here's one to get you started - we just finished decorating our Christmas tree (this one won't be counted in the comp obviously).

Merry Whatever you like,

Cheers,

Kev.

BKA

Tetsuya Takahashi

Here's my entry. Very cool idea for a competition. Happy Holidays.
Also, what color ozora is it?

theobau

Every year at this time I go winter bathing with some of my friends. I brought a kendama (red pocket tk16) and got a shot of it hanging on the frozen rail. I was very pleased with the outcome.
Merry Christmas! :-)

/Theo

Kev

Great stuff people! Nice to see some entries so soon, they're very good!

Remember we need a minimum of 4 for the comp to run but we are almost there already! Well done.

In answer to your question[user]Tetsuya Takahashi[/user] - I'm going to offer the winner a choice between a few different ones I have. Will announce colour options at a later date.  ;)

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Kev

RodDama

here's one for you, kev. I was playing dama in my room in the middle of rearranging a bunch of stuff.. dropped a toss trick.. OOPS!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201789275832733&set=a.3770754546535.2147910.1206891251&type=1&theater
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

Kev

Oops indeed. Nice one RodDama.

Reminds me, I was thinking it might be fun to start a thread where people can list any amusing (or not) incidents or injuries / damages cause by playing kendama. Must be a few broken teeth or TVs out there thanks to out Lil' wooden friends.

RodDama

ive had a couple good shiners and facial bruises from kendama.. the 2 best impacts ive ever had are in my edits actually.. haha the tuesday edit and the krom xxl contest edits both!
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

Kev

10 days to go!

Let's see some more pics - get creative :)

Stuck for ideas?

How about some snowmen playing kendama? A giant snow sculpture of a kendama? A pic of Santa playing kendama?

:)

Dimensions

Also, Please note:
Quote from: Kev on 30 November, 2013, 18:27:04
The winner will be picked at random from all entries on 1st Jan 2014 then announced on this thread.
So you don't have to spend too much time taking a pic.
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Kev

Exactly [user]Dimensions[/user], very easy to take part!

Today is the winter solstice so this might be a good opportunity / theme for some snaps.

*Rummages in shed, digs out antlers and henge.*

Kev