News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Anybody know any Taiwanse players?

Started by HansNickmans, 31 August, 2015, 09:11:24

Previous topic - Next topic

HansNickmans

I will be in Taiwan from the 14th of October to the 30th, and I was wondering if anyone has any contacts over there? I know that yumu kendama is located there, who I contacted but haven't heard back from. Would be great to meet some local players.
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Oops, just realised I was getting confused between Hong Kong and Taiwan. Silly me! Sorry, Li Ho Cheung.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shiz1019ushi

@screwdama ? Yi-Quan Chen(screw)

Tapatalk を使用して私の F-02G から送信

The Void

The Void

HansNickmans

I will be in Huwei for quite a while, with visits to Lukang, Tainan, Kaohsung, Hualien and Taipei near the end of October. So if anyone is near there, it would be fun to meet up if possible.
Already found some shops via the Tiawanese Kendama Association website.
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Right, good luck. Presumably you have messaged Screw? (Keep the English simple.)

AlexSmith

Bitter Beans is from Taipei City! There are a lot of kendama players out in Taiwan. Try emailing yumu? I'm not sure the easiest way to get in touch with them. You could post in the Kendama TPC Facebook group?

HansNickmans

Went to the Chicaca store, and there a kendama player wrote down directions for the kendama TPC meeting. Despite the language barrier, we had a lot of fun there! They were so nice and supporting! I managed to get a 1-turn lighthouse insta swap-spike and insta stab after some really good tips (without English!). They have a very nice community, so if you're ever in Taipei, look them up! Friday nights at Zhongshan Fuxin metro station, exit 14.
Kendama Belgium!