News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user] & [user]mreasyguy[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
83. [from Stilts] > Juggle to Base Cup
i. Start the spin by doing a Somersault,
ii. throw up tama (during the Somersault),
iii. catch ken in hand, and then
iv. catch the tama on the base cup.

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user] & [user]mreasyguy[/user] must sit out round 83.
Good luck everyone!

Quote from: shalafi on 06 June, 2014, 07:26:09Hey, I can do that!
Talk is cheap.... ;)

shalafi

Talk is cheap indeed, and the trick is harder than it seems. I've been close to land it anyway.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

DamaLife24

Bryan Burnett

shalafi

Doh! I misread it and I was trying big cup. Week done DamaLife24! Well, still needs the official verification :-)

DamaLife24

Sorry I stole your thunder shalafi! I was trying so hard to do EC #82 and had a miss hap with my phone and the touch sensor stopped working =[ but now I have a new one and saw that #82 had already been done and #83 was set. I love juggles =]
Bryan Burnett

mreasyguy

DamaLife24

How about another juggle for EC #84!

Base cup > juggle spike

1. Toss ken around (over) tama
2. Catch ken
3. Spike it =]
Bryan Burnett

shalafi

Quote from: DamaLife24 on 07 June, 2014, 08:27:41
Sorry I stole your thunder shalafi! I was trying so hard to do EC #82 and had a miss hap with my phone and the touch sensor stopped working =[ but now I have a new one and saw that #82 had already been done and #83 was set. I love juggles =]
I love juggles too :) No worries about "stealing" that is a big part of this game.

BKA

Quote from: DamaLife24 on 07 June, 2014, 09:10:51How about another juggle for EC #84!

Base cup > juggle spike

1. Toss ken around (over) tama
2. Catch ken
3. Spike it =]
Hi DamaLife24,
Well done. Now, it's fine to set the trick you describe, but if you only throw and catch the ken, without also throwing the tama, then it's not a "juggle", it's a "Fast Hand (Orbit) Spike" or "Whirlwind Orbit Spike". Not sure if you're looking for a 1.5 or a 0.5 rotation on the ken? So....

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user] & [user]mreasyguy[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
84. [from Base Cup] > Fast Hand Orbit Spike
i. Toss ken around (over) tama
ii. Catch ken
iii. Spike it

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user] & [user]DamaLife24[/user] must sit out round 84.
Good luck everyone!

Dimensions

Well I wasn't too sure on your intention so I recorded:
Fast hand orbit (ken grip) spike
Fast hand orbit (Sara grip) spike
And (fast hand) juggle to spike
Plus a bonus trick
Endless Combo 84 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

I hope one is ok
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

DamaLife24

That first one was perfect rob! And nice bonus trick! I enjoyed it. Set away
Bryan Burnett

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Next up!
Spike > diving

0) start in a spiked position
1) placed the kendama on an elevated surface - like a table, desk, etc
2) grab the tama and remove from the spike
3) move the tama below the ken
4) tug the string
5) spike it - you should finish in an aeroplane position

[Mod Edit: Nope! See later post...]

Here is Akimoto-San performing this trick (without the transition)

Good luck!
-Rob

BKA

Sorry, not allowed. Must go from one static position to another. After 1), you have reached another static position.
Please choose something else.

Dimensions

Ok

EC 85 is Spiked > grind bird
(spin ball like a flying top and land on bird)

GO!
-Rob