News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Tribute Kendama Quality Consistency

Started by br4d24, 12 February, 2013, 20:59:21

Previous topic - Next topic

br4d24

Hey guys, kinda disappointed today. I recent got two bamboo tributes for myself and my bro! But the bad part is my bro hasnt picked his up, and i took a closer look at the dama he chose (natural bamboo) and it has quite a few flaws on it from the factory; unlike mine. I have just contacted kendama usa so we will see what they have to think about it, hopefully they can rectify the situation ASAP!

Has anyone else ever experienced bad quality control issues with kendama purchases? This could possibly be just because they are bamboo and pressed? I dunno i wouldnt let a kendama get shipped looking like the one I received... on the flipside the other green one is amazing! Ridiculously durable! I have had to glue and sharpen the spike once, and it spike pretty hard most of the time which leads to fast dulling. Compared to my sunrise its like night and day when it comes to spike wear.

Heres some pics:
took the images off this site because i searched tribute kendama in google and they came up. I dont want to make a bad name for them! They fully made up for the messed up tama!

The Void

Hmm, hard to tell from the photos, but most of that looks to me more like "the nature of the material" than "flaws". Although perhaps the ball has a small "crevasse" in it? Well, you've contacted the source, which is always a good move - I hope you both end up happy.

I haven't played with a bamboo, but my Cherry Alex Smith is toughing it out nicely.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

br4d24

As always, KendamaUSA came through! Heres their reply to my email:

QuoteHey Brad,

We're extremely surprised to see the ball in that condition. This is definitely a first and we are going to handle the issue for you 100%

As for the ken, it seems to be consistent will most-to-all of our other bamboo kens and this is just due to the design and how they have to be pressed. It does not seem to me that it will give you issues, but should the issue arise we will go ahead and compensate for that as well.

We will be sending you out a package today containing a whole new bamboo Tribute, alongside our standard beech wood Tribute handle which is much more sturdy.

I sincerely hope this helps and we want to thank you for your continued support and cooperation in dealing with this matter.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!
-KendamaUSA

Highly recommend KenUSA, they are on point with everything it seems! And the money supports their cause!

THANKS KENDAMAUSA!

BKA

Good customer service is always a smart move. :)

Kendama+cliniK

KendamaUSA for the win! It's always good to see a company back up their product.  8)
Kendama+cliniK