News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

NattyOzora!

Started by Kendama+cliniK, 15 September, 2013, 03:14:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendama+cliniK

I just purchase a nice, natural, wood grain Ozora.  ;D Obviously it's not here yet and the anticipation is killing me.  :'( Has anyone out there played with one or own one? It would just be nice to have some outside input before it gets here. Any info would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!
Kendama+cliniK

lukefunk24

I just had a woodgrain ozora and they break in fantastic! Of course it starts off very slippery but when it breaks in it is very good. It's been one of the best damas I've played for stilt and it feels so good.
Have fun with it and keep shredding

Kendama+cliniK

Thanks! I've seen great things from all the reviews I've looked up and they all say the same. Great balance! I'm pumped! :D
Kendama+cliniK

BrandonYoder

My man!!!!
Good to see you're being active on the forum now!
(now get the rest of your crew on here!!! ha.)

You will not be disappointed man!
You can never go wrong with ozora, It might seem a little slick at first but wood grain tamas always break in really nice with a little bit of use. normal dents and drops do it good, as well as the natural hand oils on the wood pours.

Kendama+cliniK

Thanks bro!

and Oh man, I know it!!! haha

Gotta get 'em involved!

and thanks for the input I can't wait...She should be here Monday! :D
Kendama+cliniK

BrandonYoder

You're gonna let me play it a little, right?;) haha

Kendama+cliniK

Of course, bro! Haha but my sticker is different?!? Is that bad? What does that mean?
Kendama+cliniK

BrandonYoder

No, not bad. The Natty ones are jka "recommended" instead of "approved,"
So i believe the seal is the same, but they say recommended in Japanese across the top, when the approved ones say nothing at all.

Recommended Kendamas are not allowed for official JKA Competition.
There is nothing wrong with that at all. Nattys actually were "Approved" for a long time up to this year.
I think they made the switch, because a wood tama and a Painted tama are very different in feel/texture, and they have to make sure people don't have any unfair advantages.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.