News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Dimensions

Sorry Kev I can't watch it right now, you'll have to wait until Mondy for the verification, I'm in Spain at the moment but I adknowledge your entry.
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Dimensions

Ok Kev I've watched it now and...
I wanted the transition in to the whirlpool in 1 smooth motion like in my Insta-Vid

But...

I never properly specified that rule

So I'm going to have to accept it.
If you can re-film it please do but it will not be compulsory
What's next? Whirlpool > ?

-Rob

Kev

Fair point about smoothness Rob - I only had a few mins to film at the time so had to grab the first one that came along.

Thanks for accepting it though - good to get the EC moving again!

So next up is #80:

Whirlpool > Lighthouse (3 second still balance).

Who's in?

kendamatty

Kev

Yes Matt, that's exactly the chap I was looking for!

Very nicely executed too.  :)

I love it when the EC get's some pace. . .

So, what's next ?

P.S. Seems like we've had an influx of new forum members over the last few days, it'd be great to see some of them get involved. Remember anyone can enter!

Rules reminder:

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.

kendamatty

Ok cheers kev! Next trick:

Light house 》axe!

Good luck all!

DamaLife24

Bryan Burnett

Dimensions

Your saying that you haven't read Void's and Donald's excellent  books?!
http://kendama.co.uk/books.html
Or even looked in the trick archive?!
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1082.0.html

Well first of all learn it hanging before attempting it from a lighty. First of all have a look in one of the above

-Rob

kendamatty

BKA Outlink 2014 Trick #15 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Or faithful outlink! Plenty of references! Although to slightly go against what rob said, lighthouse to axe is a tad easier in my opinion as there is less travel time for the ken, and you can line it up perfectly making sure that the big cup only has to drop down a couple of inches instead of relying on the perfect pull up ;-)
Good luck!

DamaLife24

Awesome thanks guys! No rob I haven't read the books yet but I did buy the app and looked for axe in the trick list but it wasn't there =[. And I would attempt this but I believe I am still on the list to wait to attempt a trick.
Bryan Burnett

DamaLife24

Bryan Burnett

kendamatty

@damalife24 - Yes that is the exact trick we want!  Unfortunately, rules is rules:-

You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one

And unless I have miscounted (Void, Rob, Kev and Me), unfortunately you need to wait until one more round to participate...

Still open!

DamaLife24

Drat! I did count wrong then I wasn't sure if I was back in this round or next round oh well =]
Bryan Burnett

BKA

Catchup post!

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user] & [user]kendamatty[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
81. [from Lighthouse] > Axe (3 seconds still)
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user] & [user]kendamatty[/user] must sit out round 81.
Good luck everyone!