News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

KCC 26

Started by JeffreyItaliaander, 04 March, 2014, 10:32:11

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffreyItaliaander

End of this week I will post the Kendama Consistency Challenge #26!

It will be a list of tricks that I love doing... Do NOT expect juggles...I do not enjoy these :P
The tricks will probably be chained in a chosen order. Just because that looks cooler...

I'm sorry for not posting earlier. I have been so busy, now is the first few days in a row where I can put on my Dragon Wingsuit and chill on my Sofa for the whole day...

See ya in a few days!

Ciaooo

Jeffrey

BKA

Cheers Jeffrey, we'll look forwards to seeing it!

Dimensions

So when will it be set?
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

JeffreyItaliaander

Hello everyone,

To start off, I am so sorry for the big delay. I have been so busy, unbelievable. And still busy, but I can't keep you guys waiting anymore.

The Prize:
- 5-cup Krom-Kendama in the color of blue
- Stickers
- The honor to make the next KCC

The competition is a trick list of 10 tricks which have to be completed in order without any mistakes or string-touch on a Normal-sized Kendama. No Yo-yo's guys.....

1. Lighthouse --> Candle
2. Swing in --> (Earth Turn to) Bird --> (Earth Turn to) Spike  <---(Mod Edit: changed the wording)
3. Reverse swing in --> Reverse Earthturn
4. Lightningdrop
5. Big Cup --> Double orbit (Choose your own direction)
6. Candle --> Stabbing heaven (Stab spike)
7. Around Europe in Sara-grip
8. Spacewalk handroll --> In
9. Pull-up spike - Horizontal Flying top
10. Center cup --> Airplane

That is it. I hope it's all clear, if not, ask down here, and I or someone else will of course help.
Again, I am sorry for the delay. Hope to be more available on this forum in the future.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Italiaander

mrjuggles

First question, what is a lightning drop?

Second question, when you say the tricks must be completed in order without touching the string, does that mean for #8-9 I need to go from holding the ken with the tama on the spike directly to a pull up spike, or do I take the tama off, then do a pull up spike?

Third question, do you mean base cup when you say center cup?

Cheers!

BKA

Lightning Drop is a Spacewalk, but with the kendama rotating twice in the air, instead of once.
I think the "no string touches" is referring to during each trick. I think it's safe to assume you can do a normal "reset" between each numbered trick. (Unless Jeffrey says otherwise.)
Yes, Base Cup = Centre Cup.

Good luck everyone!

SamB

I have a question:
Swing in --> Swing out to Bird --> Swing in
Are the swings like all the way at the end of the string like, swing to spike, throw the ball towards me then swing all the way forwards at the end of the string to bird, then the same to spike?
not just swing to spike throw off the spike to bird then spike it?

Also horizontal flying top and candle stab are such great satisfying tricks!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

JeffreyItaliaander

@Mrjuggles
What @BKA says! :D

@Sam
Omyyy haha what a question for a non-englishman....
Just do swing-in, 360 to bird, 360 in... Get it? Not too difficult :P

And get to it, Jake Fisher is also on it..... GO!

:P

BKA

Sam's confusion is understandable, given the use of "swing" 3 times. I think we might call that

2. Swing in --> (Earth Turn to) Bird --> (Earth Turn to) Spike

But yes, that's easier than a "full swing" version.

JeffreyItaliaander

Oh I now understand haha! That would be sick though! I'm gonna write Sam's one down haha!

mrjuggles

Quote from: SamB on 21 March, 2014, 13:28:43
I have a question:
Swing in --> Swing out to Bird --> Swing in
Are the swings like all the way at the end of the string like, swing to spike, throw the ball towards me then swing all the way forwards at the end of the string to bird, then the same to spike?

Ha, this is exactly what I thought he meant! 

SamB

Ah OK that's way easier! I almost had the full swing one down though!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

mrjuggles

I couldn't find a very clear video of Around Europe, just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Is it Big Cup, Spike, Small Cup, Spike, Base Cup, Spike?

Dimensions

Typically it should start with little cup
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

JeffreyItaliaander

What @Dimensions says, except for that it's okay to start with Big Cup. Just know that awesome people start with Small Cup :p