News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

EVERYONE, LOOK AT THIS. NEED HELP. OMG

Started by kdang, 14 March, 2014, 21:18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

kdang

Kendama has taken Hawai'i by storm! My english teacher has made us write an essay on whether Kendamas should be banned from our school or not. My stance on the topic is that kendamas shouldn't be banned; kendama has become a lifestyle. It helps with focus, balance, and dedication, improves hand eye coordination, keeps us off of digital distractions, and it builds a community with the opportunity to meet new people. What I need help with is I need some opinions from my fellow damaers online, why it should or shouldn't be banned. Just your two cents on it.

Thanks,
kdang

BKA

Firstly, writing in only capital letters is considered ON THE INTERNET TO BE SHOUTING, and therefore rude. So please don't do that, thanks.

Some article reported that a school in Hawaii had banned kendamas because kids were gambling with them. That certainly seemed like a horse-before-the-cart reaction. The problem there was clearly not the kendama, but the gambling. We feel that the school in question should have addressed the behavioural problem of gambling, instead of villifying an inanimate wooden toy.