Author Topic: The ever popular "Today I..." thread  (Read 442516 times)

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
  • Royalist. 2xBrit Champ. BKA mover. IKO'16 champ.
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
Re: The ever popular "Today I..." thread
« Reply #2505 on: 11 December, 2017, 22:44:00 »
Today at the club I managed a Pull-Up Juggle Spike > Juggle Spike. Surprised. I also decided to make Inverse Around The World my cup of tea trick, so I had to wait far too long for my second lemon and ginger. :)
If you don't want to buy my books, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Offline Unichuck1

• Lighthouse Keeper
« Reply #2506 on: 15 December, 2017, 10:11:16 »
First lunar flip to lumar this morning im making progress next to get it on film :)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Offline kendamatty

• 3rd Dan / BKA#3
  • Valley Flier
  • GO '07! '11 eko 4th. '11, '12 & '13 BKO 1st
    • kendamatty
« Reply #2507 on: 16 December, 2017, 12:43:33 »
Nice @Unichuck1 ,  when I started hitting lunar flips, my kendama motivation really rocketed.
And similar to @The Void , I have also been inspired with juggling tricks today. Not coming from a juggling background, I'm especially happy that they're really starting to come together! So today I hit my first double juggles and also a single juggle x 3 to spike. Next, I'm going to try to integrate taps into juggles, as the tap really throws me off catching and then releasing with any control...

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #2508 on: 16 December, 2017, 14:04:10 »
Well done @Unichuck1 !
...I have also been inspired with juggling tricks today. Not coming from a juggling background,...
@kendamatty I wish that helped. If it did, I'd be much better, surely?! :) Good work, and good luck.
If you don't want to buy my books, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Offline kendamatty

• 3rd Dan / BKA#3
  • Valley Flier
  • GO '07! '11 eko 4th. '11, '12 & '13 BKO 1st
    • kendamatty
« Reply #2509 on: 19 December, 2017, 08:23:05 »
Today I...reflected on Sunday's Jam in downtown Barcelona! I had no idea that there were any other players around here, so when I stumbled across "teepeekendamas" on instagram, I was pleasantly surprised.

After some issues with communication and navigation, I finally arrived to a neighbourhood Christmas Market. I was told to follow the music, which is where I found Sergio and the gang, all jamming with their own brand kendamas (which have been around since April this year), in between the family market stall (dedicated to selling their kendamas and pills), and a small food truck, which later turned out to have a DJ and perfect lighting for a mini freestyle competition! During the comp, I hit a couple of tricks like around the bird, some lunar and lighthouse combos, and snatched a 2 turn airplane as the stopwatch hit "UNO"! I was then rewarded with a cup of coffee and a pokeball kendama for my efforts, not too shabby!

After the competition/jam, we played some more, I accidentally knocked a cup of coffee all over the floor of the stall (nobody seemed to mind too much), and shortly after we said our goodbyes and I drove off into the cold Sunday night. I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully when it's a little warmer!

Offline Unichuck1

• Lighthouse Keeper
« Reply #2510 on: 19 December, 2017, 13:22:33 »
Today I...reflected on Sunday's Jam in downtown Barcelona! I had no idea that there were any other players around here, so when I stumbled across "teepeekendamas" on instagram, I was pleasantly surprised.

After some issues with communication and navigation, I finally arrived to a neighbourhood Christmas Market. I was told to follow the music, which is where I found Sergio and the gang, all jamming with their own brand kendamas (which have been around since April this year), in between the family market stall (dedicated to selling their kendamas and pills), and a small food truck, which later turned out to have a DJ and perfect lighting for a mini freestyle competition! During the comp, I hit a couple of tricks like around the bird, some lunar and lighthouse combos, and snatched a 2 turn airplane as the stopwatch hit "UNO"! I was then rewarded with a cup of coffee and a pokeball kendama for my efforts, not too shabby!

After the competition/jam, we played some more, I accidentally knocked a cup of coffee all over the floor of the stall (nobody seemed to mind too much), and shortly after we said our goodbyes and I drove off into the cold Sunday night. I'm looking forward to the next one, hopefully when it's a little warmer!
Never been abroad need to get my passport sorted haha

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #2511 on: 19 December, 2017, 16:57:51 »
Top stuff, @kendamatty , well played. Yay for scenes! Nice pic too:

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #2512 on: 19 December, 2017, 17:25:20 »

Mini vid here, @kendamatty , in case you haven't seen it:

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #2513 on: 20 December, 2017, 14:58:44 »
Variant: Moon Base Gamma.

Offline Unichuck1

• Lighthouse Keeper
« Reply #2514 on: 20 December, 2017, 18:37:19 »

Mini vid here, @kendamatty , in case you haven't seen it:

Wish it was like this in the uk :(

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #2515 on: 22 December, 2017, 00:16:56 »
Diesel + usb + kendama...

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #2516 on: 26 December, 2017, 13:43:27 »
Seems like @cello_91 is too shy to post his trick here, but it's a nice one, so I will. Nice one, Marcel!

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
« Reply #2517 on: 28 December, 2017, 02:07:00 »
Candle Balance > Candle Flip.

Offline rhys_goes_peace

• Stick Jumper
    • rhys_goes_peace
« Reply #2518 on: 28 December, 2017, 04:27:30 »
Got this trick:

Check out my instagram: @rhys_goes_peace

Offline Unichuck1

• Lighthouse Keeper
« Reply #2519 on: 28 December, 2017, 14:32:56 »
Got this trick: