News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stamp It. Stomp It.

Started by Jak, 13 July, 2016, 19:41:40

Previous topic - Next topic

LarsVegas

Quote from: HansNickmans on 27 July, 2016, 11:33:15
Just realised I missed this competition... Filmed my trick on vacation but had no opportunity to upload..
Ah well, that allows me to check out some gnarly tricks in this thread. Keep up the good work!

@HansNickmans : The rules state, that you can _once_ post-deliver a clip. You just have to show both combos for the next round. @Jak maybe has to confirm this, but I suppose this should be valid for the first round too. I.e. in my opinion, you can enter in the second round by showing combos for the first and second round.
But then, maybe the first round is special ...
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Jak

Haha no you're exactly right. Everyone can have one late entry. Although I may add that it won't apply when or if only one person posts before the deadline, making them the winner.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Jak

@Void. Well done on the non-entry combo! Haha.

The Void

Quote from: LarsVegas on 28 July, 2016, 08:21:47
Quote from: HansNickmans on 27 July, 2016, 11:33:15
Just realised I missed this competition... Filmed my trick on vacation but had no opportunity to upload..
Ah well, that allows me to check out some gnarly tricks in this thread. Keep up the good work!

@HansNickmans : The rules state, that you can _once_ post-deliver a clip. You just have to show both combos for the next round. @Jak maybe has to confirm this, but I suppose this should be valid for the first round too. I.e. in my opinion, you can enter in the second round by showing combos for the first and second round.
But then, maybe the first round is special ...
@johndmc
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

Here is my round 2 entry. The cat was feeling needy, so I teased him with this bird combo.

My round 1 vote goes for.... @Kofi . I loved the creativity of the arm bounces (which nearly clinched it), but left to right hand switches stood out for me.

Jak

@kendamatty, so casual! Accepted.

A vote for Kofi 

shalafi

Oh mat... Bird turn the world while holding a cat and teasing him. The other people will have to work very hard to steal my vote from THAT.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

jakub.zahumensky

Kay, here we go for round 2: a little thing I like to call "Around the grip switch"

From Round 1 I vote for @fiddletriks , because I was toying with the idea of balancing a lighthouse on a string before and never gotten around to actually practice it. So this just naturally calls to me ;) Also, it's something I've never seen before.

Jak

Around the grip switch looks a cool trick! Accepted!

1 vote for fiddletriks

cello_91

@Jak i thought this is about the votes? So why should one win if he is the only submitter? Doesn't make sense to me :)

cello_91

My go:

My vote: @Ashdama

Raw Power and great use of the environment :) nice!

Jak

@cello_91, this is basically two competitions put together...  One for the best combo (voted for by the players) and one for the person that is able to get the furthest -  the tricks to include will get much harder so I think that deserves a prize. Does that make sense?

Anyway. So many tricks in your combo, really well done dude! Accepted! 

Another vote for Ashdama!   

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: Jak on 29 July, 2016, 09:45:53
@cello_91, this is basically two competitions put together...  One for the best combo (voted for by the players) and one for the person that is able to get the furthest -  the tricks to include will get much harder so I think that deserves a prize. Does that make sense?

So will there be voting for each round or just round 1? I have to say I am quite unclear on this.

Jak

Sorry. Every round will have a vote. The winner of each round will go into one final vote to get the prize.

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: Jak on 29 July, 2016, 09:50:05
Sorry. Every round will have a vote. The winner of each round will go into one final vote to get the prize.

OK, thanks, now it makes sense :)