Author Topic: How do you learn/practice new tricks?  (Read 331 times)

Offline TechieCrow

• New clicker
    • Facebook
    • techiecrow
    • TechieCrow
    • TechieCrow
How do you learn/practice new tricks?
« on: 09 May, 2018, 13:12:29 »
I'm wondering how everyone learns and practices new tricks, personally I don't grind it I just casually try every now and then while practicing other ones then when I feel comfortable with others I move on.

For example I really want to learn hurricane and managed to a few rotations but that's practicing it maybe once a day while I'm practicing Around Japan to Kenflip.  Mostly just having fun. :)
« Last Edit: 09 May, 2018, 13:15:12 by TechieCrow »

Offline The Void

• ROYALIST
  • 6th Dan / BKA#1
  • Global Moderator
  • Click Chieftan
  • Royalist. 2xBrit Champ. BKA mover. IKO'16 champ.
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TheVoidTLMB
    • TLMB!
Re: How do you learn/practice new tricks?
« Reply #1 on: 09 May, 2018, 13:48:34 »
For me, it depends what I'm learning the trick for. If it's just "a new trick", then I'll go about it similarly to you. Although I like to have an occassional 10-minute (which will feel like longer) solid session on "getting the feel", i.e. making sure I have an idea about what the movement/technique for the trick is. If however I'm learning a trick for a competition, or for a grading, then I try to have a daily run-through drill of the list. Or if it's a "video trick", then wait until I have sun/nice location, and then grind 'til it's done. If I'm still not getting anywhere with a trick, then I'll wait until the next meet, and ask someone for advice. Or check a tutorial video.
If you don't want to buy my books, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal